Older OnStar is being deactivated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from OnStar. It appears that GMT800 and GMT900 vehicles will lose OnStar service next year. See link below:

I have struggled with the decision of whether to keep paying for OnStar on my '05 Tahoe for years, but have maintained it for crash protection and hands-free calling. Looks like I won't be paying for it much longer. Unfortunately, Bluestar discontinued their product several months ago.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from OnStar. It appears that GMT800 and GMT900 vehicles will lose OnStar service next year. See link below:

I have struggled with the decision of whether to keep paying for OnStar on my '05 Tahoe for years, but have maintained it for crash protection and hands-free calling. Looks like I won't be paying for it much longer. Unfortunately, Bluestar discontinued their product several months ago.
Mines analog I think it stopped being available on my 01 for a while now, Atleast the lights still light up though! Wish I could delete the antenna on the rear glass as well.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines analog I think it stopped being available on my 01 for a while now, Atleast the lights still light up though! Wish I could delete the antenna on the rear glass as well.
Yep, the 2004-2005 or so models had both analog and digital set ups for Onstar. The 900s have Onstar 8 and 9 and I guess they are cutting those off too.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The outside antenna is just glued on and will come off just like a mirror mount,then scrape the leftover glue off of the glass there is no connection through the glass ,both parts are just glued on.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Onstar service itself is going away. GM has contracted with someone else, going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier