Odd Bose radio issues. No sound when cold. Randomly powers off for a few seconds. Occasional theftlock briefly then works fine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Burban22

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cm unable to give advice...... But,... your radio buttons look new !! Were they replaced?
Not that I know of. Just rarely used I guess. I replaced the steering wheel radio control buttons. They were heavily used and some didn’t light up. That was a PITA with the wires being super short.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of. Just rarely used I guess. I replaced the steering wheel radio control buttons. They were heavily used and some didn’t light up. That was a PITA with the wires being super short.
I replaced my wheel switches.... I removed the steering wheel. It was easier than I thought.

( "1A Auto " video helped a LOT )

OP
OP
Burban22

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic but pretty sure the climate control module was replaced. Everything seems to work fine but it ALWAYS runs the AC compressor. Is that normal on this gen? It’ll be freezing out, I turn up the heat and you hear and feel the ac compressor cycling.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt appear to have the Z55/Z95 air suspension. So that rules out the Air Suspension Module that are known for corrosion issues.

To explain further, when the corrosion permeates into the module, it can take down, or intermittently take down, the data network. Can create all kinds of hell.

OP
OP
Burban22

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the RSE Rear seat audio hvac module out and found some corrosion on the display pins. Cleaned it off and didn’t see any other damage behind display or on the other board.

Reconnected everything and will see if audio still is out next cold morning.

Also cleared all codes again.

IMG_0955.jpegIMG_0956.jpegIMG_0957.jpegIMG_0960.jpegIMG_0961.jpeg

OP
OP
Burban22

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
42F degrees this am. No door chime. Same issue radio powers on and I can select stations but no sound until it’s on awhile then you hear a pop and audio comes out of all speakers.

Scanned for codes and cycled key a few times. No codes.

When temp doesn’t drop below 50F radio works like it should, sound and door chime immediately.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start with a replacement donor radio, but then you are dealing with the theftlock. Sounds like the internal pre-amp has failed. Or whatever sends the signal for the bose amp to turn on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacblev