Not thrilled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any contacts that I manually put into through the gmc intellilink system work perfect. When the system relies on your phone it gets it right about 50% of the time. My advice if you have a few favorite people you want to call over voice control..enter them into system and it will get it right 100% of the time. My suggestions are both for phone contact and address contacts...

OP
OP
raress9596

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I called the dealer. Supposedly the antenna is still on back order. They tell me it will be at least two more weeks. Now it looks like they'll have to replace the headliner too. Looks like it is swelling around the sunvisor bracket where it is dripping from. I think I am going to seek legal advice. Two months of water leaking into the headliner can't be good especially with all the melted snow. Really want them at this point to take the truck back. Smells from the vents when I turn on the heater/ defroster. Windows fog. This is the third GM vehicle I have owned with water leaks. WTF? In 2004 I had a leaking brand new Avalanche lemon lawed and they took it back. 2005 GTO leaked water which they couldn't repair and then It developed an airbag light that they couldn't repair. After they turned off the airbag light for the umpteenth time we ran to another Pontiac dealer and traded it in before the light would come back on! SO done with GM.

Nord

Reaction score
I have to say after 1,100 miles on my Yukon SLT the only complaint I have is the headlights, they're terrible. Aside from that, I love it and haven't experienced these other issues.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am at 10,000 miles now, and the only issue I had was the Service 4WD glitch that was fixed with a recall. Otherwise smooth going. I am pretty happy with my highway milage. Much better than my 2012 avalanche, and the 4WD tahoe is heavier.

11061314_10101825105810227_8224523955185664612_n.jpg

OP
OP
raress9596

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. 2 Months now no antennae. They tell me it's on back order. the temporary fix isn't working and it leaks water whenever it wants. I have pictures. This is the third GM vehicle I've owned with a water leak. Forst was a 2004 Avalanche that GM bought back after starting a Lemon Lawsuit. Second was a 2005 GTO with a leak that they couldn't find. They dealer sestroyed that car trying to find and fix the leak. Created an airbag light that they couldn't fix. Traded it in to another Pontiac dealer a few minutes after they reset the light. Took a beating on that one. Now this. I want them to take it back. Sarting to get a musty smell in the truck. I am going to seek legal advice. I realy want them to take this truck back. $65,000 and I have to live with the water damage?

OP
OP
raress9596

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do I start? Long time Chevy owner. Must have owned 20 new ones and I've never been as unhappy as with my 2015i LT. I couldn't wait to get it. Sorry I didn't rent one for a few days first. Not knocking the truck just being honest. Here's my list of beefs and complaints.

1) Headlights are dull as hell. I pull up close behind the car in front of me to check for a reflection to see if they're on. On an unlit street I have to use my fog lights in conjunction with the headlights.

2) Seats are hard as a rock compared to my 2012 Tahoe.

3) Window fog up at will. Have to keep the defroster on at all times because I never know when it'll happen.

4) Dreaded water leak from antenna. Dealer has a new one on order. Brought it in and they knew what it was right away but they had to pull down the headliner to check for the leak anyway as per G.M. procedures. then they'll have to pull it down again to replace it. Guaranteed rattles.

5) Navigation sucks. If I enter a destination where the street I'm looking for is a numbered street which is often) it refuses to get directions to that address. It suggests all different addresses. Onstar operators are very nice and they enter the destination for me but after my trial runs out I'll have to pay for this service? My iphone works pefect in these situations.

6) Voice recognition works when it wants.

7) When I use the blue tooth hand free people have a hard time understanding me they say it's all garbled. I think maybe it was related to the water leak?

8) I have an issue with the gas pedal being too low compared to the brake pedal. The brake pedal rubs the side of my shoe. On occasion my foot gets caught behind the brake pedal. ( not funny).

9) Lane departure warning is a pita and I have it shut. Dodging potholes has the seat shaking all the time otherwise.

10) If I'm in the left hand lane in stop and go traffic and there's a center divider the parking assist thinks I'm parking and shakes the seats agin. I shut that off also when driving.

I travel alot for my company doing sale and rack up alot of miles fast. I usually keep them 2 years. This one is going to be gone alot sooner. Hopefully G.M. improves on these quirks. I'd hate to buy anything else next truck.

Well like I said Iwouldn't keep the Tahoe for the normal 2 years. Traded it with 50,000 miles. Didn't think I'd buy another G.M. vehicle either but... Took advantage of GMC's 20% off sale, plus my G.M. points, plus I had gotten a loyalty $750 coupon from G.M. Couldn't resist buying the GMC All-Terrain X. So far it is far superior to the Tahoe. Much more comfortable and the navi works so much better. No squeeks or rattles so far. Take care all.

GMC.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpd262