No abs and traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FC582526-81B3-48AB-817F-CAE97E0530F6.jpeg Just bought an 04 marauder.

Traction control light and abs light are on and I believe neither of them work. Should I be concerned? Is the car safe? Should I look into fixing and anyone know cost? I might be reselling or keeping the car. Have not decided.

126 on the odometer

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need to get a scanner that can read abs, harbor freight has them reasonable, or go by almost any autoparts store and ask if they can scan it for you, could be a simple fix like a wheel hub or sensor.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id rather not have abs or tc. only thing is the brakes can lock up if your ******* them, like a oh shit moment, and if your not from the old school pedal pumping club you might be in for a skid and crash.

ive had mine disabled in my regal for 7 years now. stops better if you ask me. and ive yet to lock em up even being ******* them. only in snow have they locked, and thats when you need to work that brake pedal.

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, we went to advanced auto parts store before I bought it and they scanned it and the abs popped up but gave no detail as to why.

He said he had it in the shop for the rear ended I think and ever since that they went on.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will need a real abs scanner, the free scanner at the parts store is for power train codes only.

most shops that have one will charge you for the scan, unless they are super cool.

or you can buy one these days for 100 ish give or take on line.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"they scanned it and the abs popped up but gave no detail as to why"
lol, it doesn't just come up "abs" there is a "code" which defines the reason why the abs light is on