Newbie: 2022 Tahoe Z71 Satin Steel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That satin steel really hides the dirt, you don't see it until you wash it.
I had an old car with the same color, it looked good with tinted windows.

Just50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 22 Z71 Red/black with Luxury and Off Road Capability pkg and I've got to say, I'm in love with the way it looks. The mag ride and air suspension drive incredibly and it's so quiet. Very impressed with everything it can do so far.

I've been selling Chevy for almost a decade and this is truly the first model that I'm impressed with. The 5.3 has the perfect amount of power; couldn't even imagine what the 6.2 must be like.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 22 Z71 Red/black with Luxury and Off Road Capability pkg and I've got to say, I'm in love with the way it looks. The mag ride and air suspension drive incredibly and it's so quiet. Very impressed with everything it can do so far.

I've been selling Chevy for almost a decade and this is truly the first model that I'm impressed with. The 5.3 has the perfect amount of power; couldn't even imagine what the 6.2 must be like.
The 6.2 is a rocket (relatively speaking). Every time I put my foot in it, I smile like a teenage kid!

Congrats on the new ride. Love your color choice (matches my Denali)!!

Smartinfam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It really is just luck of the draw to some extent. I ordered mine sept 29, was produced dec 6, sat from dec 13 to feb 5 with no movement. It’s interesting, I contacted Chevrolet and asked for an update, they offered nothing. I told them I needed a vehicle and it was to the point I was going to buy a Mercedes Because it was available on the lot. 2 hours later the truck showed movement. I’m sure it was complete coincidence, but it has made me
Wonder..
I ordered my 2022 Z71 Tahoe in November and just got it last week. Built in Arlington, Texas and delivered to Michigan

Just50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 Z71 Tahoe in November and just got it last week. Built in Arlington, Texas and delivered to Michigan
Really? That's crazy. Mine was allocated in December units. Accepted the first week of January. Target production week of 2/7 and shipped from Texas to Virginia for a 2/28 delivery.

Just50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 6.2 is a rocket (relatively speaking). Every time I put my foot in it, I smile like a teenage kid!

Congrats on the new ride. Love your color choice (matches my Denali)!!
Thanks! I am definitely enjoying it so far.

How are you feeling with the gas right now? Everyone keeps asking me if I regret it and I just tell them I didn't foresee this happening in December, but I am not too concerned with it. It is what it is. My other vehicle isn't too much better on gas--SUVs.

Doesn't the 6.2 take premium on top of it all?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just drove 250 miles tonight on I-90 and I-94 at 77MPH and averaged 18.4MPG. Can’t complain. I figure if you can afford the truck, you can afford the fuel, or you didn’t think it through very well. I love this thing on the road…like taking a ride in your living room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700