Newb /2021 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krisvan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AE2DE952-9294-4145-B8FD-99405AF2749B.jpegHello everyone,

New Tahoe z71 owner, this is the first Tahoe I have owned. I look forward to meeting y’all and contributing to the forum.

Just crossed 1K on the odometer, literally bought the thing off the train from Texas. Profile pic is the truck when it was finally all put together at the dealer receiving yard. Truck has a Sept. build date, and I bought it the first week of October.

I love the new IRS, I am 5’ 11” and rode in the back for a 60 mile trip just to see how comfortable it was and it is leaps and bounds better in ride quality. I had a 2015 suburban and got car sick the one time I rode in the 3rd row seat. I love the fact that the middle row buckets adjust front to back for extra leg room for the third row.

I also have the panoramic sunroof and it is awesome. A buddy of mine that has an AT4 Yukon advised that I tint it because you can sometime still feel the sun/heat when the sun is directly over head through the cover. I didn’t wait to experience it for my self so I had all the windows and sunroof UV tinted.

I also hid a Roku stick inside the console for the kudos, I like the streaming capability of the RSE. (For the kids) I pull the rear cover back on the console and slipped it into the console.

I am having a hard time adjusting to the button shifter and parking break, but it is what it is. That’s about my only gripe.

Newb,

Kris

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase!

It takes a little time but you do get used to the shifter. That’s probably my top annoyance too.

I might have to steal your idea if tinting the sunroof…on warm days I’ll tend to keep the shade over it to keep it a little cooler in there.

OP
OP
Krisvan

Krisvan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

It takes a little time but you do get used to the shifter. That’s probably my top annoyance too.

I might have to steal your idea if tinting the sunroof…on warm days I’ll tend to keep the shade over it to keep it a little cooler in there.
I recommend the tint with UV coating, it’s cuts heat down. It cost a little more, but regular old school tint does not cut the heat out.

I have hit the park button and started to leave the truck, not realizing the Tahoe is still on. I am used to hitting just one button in by old Suburban. I forget that if I hit the Start/stop button in the Tahoe it puts the ride in park.

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new Tahoe. I have to say, I wish I had your sunroof problem. Haha. I'd love to have one in mine. I've also adapted to the shifter. Although, I don't like the automatic engagement of the parking brake when I park on a grade. All-in-all these are great machines.

Pertzbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since i live an hour from the Minnesota border, we keep the shade closed in our sunroofs most of summer, and leave them open all winter. Winters are cold and dark, sunroofs open up light and on sunny winter days brings in some warmth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9