New Wheel's and Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the new shoes that I had installed yesterday, real happy with the new look. Also added the snap in grill overlay,

Wheels are American Racing AR914 in PVD and the Tires are Nitto's 420 's 305/50/2020180426_130743.jpg 20180421_134838.jpg

yukonchief

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the new shoes that I had installed yesterday, real happy with the new look. Also added the snap in grill overlay,

Wheels are American Racing AR914 in PVD and the Tires are Nitto's 420 's 305/50/20View attachment 197932 View attachment 197933
I’m not a fan of chrome wheels but still not a bad choice. I must say I am fan of the grill overlay I bought the same one and it just changes the front end completely. Great choice on that. Also those nittos are a sweet tire I had them on another SUV that I had and would have got them again but I went with Nitto 421s since they didn’t have those in the size I wanted.

Your next mod to finish the front should be upgrading the low beam and fog lights to match the led around the headlights. I just don’t get why GMC will put nice white LEDs and give you yellow low beams and yello fog lights.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of chrome wheels but still not a bad choice. I must say I am fan of the grill overlay I bought the same one and it just changes the front end completely. Great choice on that. Also those nittos are a sweet tire I had them on another SUV that I had and would have got them again but I went with Nitto 421s since they didn’t have those in the size I wanted.

Your next mod to finish the front should be upgrading the low beam and fog lights to match the led around the headlights. I just don’t get why GMC will put nice white LEDs and give you yellow low beams and yello fog lights.
it is a safety issue, the yellowish light is best for the eye and doesn't blind oncoming traffic, almost all of these aftermarket HID's and LED's with a few exceptions are flat out illegal which is why you cant just walk into autozone or oreilly's and buy them, the "loophole" for them getting imported is they are sold for off road use only. however the law is rarely enforced as we all know.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is a safety issue, the yellowish light is best for the eye and doesn't blind oncoming traffic, almost all of these aftermarket HID's and LED's with a few exceptions are flat out illegal which is why you cant just walk into autozone or oreilly's and buy them, the "loophole" for them getting imported is they are sold for off road use only. however the law is rarely enforced as we all know.

There are lots of vehicles with full led or HID lights.

Are you saying just the aftermarket kits aren’t legal?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are lots of vehicles with full led or HID lights.

Are you saying just the aftermarket kits aren’t legal?
yes, that's why I said with a few exceptions. and that is why you can't just go buy them at the auto parts store, the HID/LED industry brings in probably billions in revenue if they were legal the auto parts suppliers would be all over it like stink on poop.

yukonchief

Reaction score

I know what your saying but why is it the Denali has HIDs out of the factory?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what your saying but why is it the Denali has HIDs out of the factory?
I really don't have an answer for that other than they must have passed it with DOT somehow, obviously BMW & others have been doing it for many years, there is a story on google about why the HID aftermarkets are illegal read it some time ago interesting story and makes sense.

yukonchief

Reaction score
I don’t have a night shot but here is a comparison..... the yellow just doesn’t do it for me. Sorry for the crappy cell pic

003B0B50-7761-4EC0-93C4-A543C85597C0.jpeg

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, that's why I said with a few exceptions. and that is why you can't just go buy them at the auto parts store, the HID/LED industry brings in probably billions in revenue if they were legal the auto parts suppliers would be all over it like stink on poop.

It has nothing to do with color.

It has to do with the design of the casing and lens. A casing/lens made for halogen isn’t the same (refraction/aiming etc) as an HID and vice versa. That’s why if it’s stock HID it’s a non issue.

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yep, projector housing only for hids and LEDs. The non projector housing are "illegal" to install hids/leds because the glare, it scatters the light everywhere and apparently "blinds" on coming traffic :manos:.
But I've never seen any city where police enforce it unless you're running pink or green or purple lights (15,000k....30,000k)