New to this forum with 04 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XL04

Reaction score
What's up guys I'm pretty new here I've been lurking for awhile so I figured its time to introduce myself. In July I picked up a 2004 Yukon XL with 197,800 miles on it. I had an 01 Grand Cherokee I built just the way I wanted it and needed more space as the family grew by 1 last june. My Grand Cherokee had 134,*** when I sold it and was really clean. It did use some oil between changes so I was reluctant on this Yukon with 197,*** on it. I got it from the second owner who had a stack of receipts for maintenance and was his road trip vehicle as they had kids in hockey. I'm really impressed with it being it runs so smooth and uses not a drop of oil and the oil stays so clean! Since I bought it I've tinted the front roll downs, new tail lights, bumper lights, and Spyder headlights. I'm now removing the spyder headlights and doing the Denali housing retrofit with morimoto H1 projector and XB35 hids.
Anyway here is a few pics of my Yukon.

20190124_124800.jpg 20190123_212641.jpg

OP
OP
X

XL04

Reaction score
Thanks you guys! Being from N.D. MN it does have a little rust. I might get the lower quarter in front of the passenger rear wheel cut out and weld in some new metal this summer. I've also got some ball joints to replace I noticed the boots were torn.
I'm finishing my headlights tonight. Its supposed to be a high of -21° tomorrow and even colder at night -34° so I dont know if I want to install them tomorrow or not, I just painted them today. The spray can said dry in 1 hour but I've always let paint dry at least 24 hours before exposing them to mother nature. I also ordered a fleece performance 4 high chip today.

20190128_191256.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be some nice work. Been watching the weather and you wil be about 70-104 degrees colder than We will be here in S. Florida day and night.

Makes our “relative”cold seem ridiculously wimpy. Lol

Be safe out there man.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Great looking XL! I like the headlight sun the first pic! Looks good. But the retrofit will give you some pretty awesome light output

OP
OP
X

XL04

Reaction score
Should be some nice work. Been watching the weather and you wil be about 70-104 degrees colder than We will be here in S. Florida day and night.

Makes our “relative”cold seem ridiculously wimpy. Lol

Be safe out there man.

Thanks! The Facebook memes have been entertaining today! Its -25° right now and -60° with windchill and Saturday is supposed to be 21° above crazy. I'm glad I waited on putting these headlights in but at the same time I'm stuck in the house all day staring at them!

FB_IMG_1548792801860.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2