New to the site - pics of my 15 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iksplizit

iksplizit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice truck o had a 2016 Tahoe LT in gunmetal grey w/ black interior. Now I have a 2018 Escalade Lux which I absolutely love the 10 speed and rear solid axle. The k2xx is the best truck GM ever made. The new one is independent rear which doesn’t tow as much. The k2xx is the last real truck suv GM is going to make. My next truck is going to be a 2020 platinum if I could find one with low miles. I wax my Escalade every 3 months and wash it 2-3x a week. I get a lot of compliments because my truck looks brand new.

View attachment 390441
Very clean

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iksplizit - WHEN did you purchase your '15 Yukon?

Did you have the Fabtech lift installed or purchased w/lift already onboard?
You said dealer maintained, but suspension excluded. What's your suspension setup? Are you running stock shocks still with the Fabtech kit?

Want to do me a HUGE favor? Measure from the ground to the top (highest point in the arch) of your wheel well on the front and rear. I'm running these 4-6" adj. Fox coilovers up front and ride height is so far from stock and so much time has passed; I would really appreciate a good measurement. Your setup is a perfect one for me to use as comparison. I have a feeling my front is really closer to +5" instead of 4"

TAHOE CAD - Wheel Well Height Measurement.jpg

OP
OP
iksplizit

iksplizit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@iksplizit - WHEN did you purchase your '15 Yukon?

Did you have the Fabtech lift installed or purchased w/lift already onboard?
You said dealer maintained, but suspension excluded. What's your suspension setup? Are you running stock shocks still with the Fabtech kit?

Want to do me a HUGE favor? Measure from the ground to the top (highest point in the arch) of your wheel well on the front and rear. I'm running these 4-6" adj. Fox coilovers up front and ride height is so far from stock and so much time has passed; I would really appreciate a good measurement. Your setup is a perfect one for me to use as comparison. I have a feeling my front is really closer to +5" instead of 4"

View attachment 390906
20230205_151437.jpg20230205_151455.jpg20230205_151507.jpg20230205_151515.jpg
I'm still running stock socks. That's the next thing I was looking at doing. So you're feedback would be appreciated.
I've had it for like 5 years and got the lift done like 3 years ago I think.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iksplizit - THANK YOU! Appreciate you taking the time for measurements and photos.

Did some math on the front end, using your Front Left measurement vs. my current measurement.
Your 35x12.5 ProComp A/T Sports are spec'd at 34.6" vs. my Nitto Ridge Grapplers spec'd at 34.29.
So, in terms of ride height difference, that's only about 1/8" more for you with the wheel/tire combo.
The difference in your total ride height measurement vs. my height, less the wheel/tire height increase, leaves 2.375". So your 6" Fabtech vs. my 4" BDS is netting 3/8" more height than the advertised 2" diff.

This has been a concern of mine for quite a while now. Have been wondering just where my Fox 2.0 4-6" adjustable coilovers are actually set for ride height. Now I see that they are pretty much in line with the 4" setting vs. having some preload cranked into them (exactly what I was worried about). This is also probably why I'm enjoying these front coilovers so much. They have a really nice amount of travel and eat up bumps amazingly. I think if they were moved up to the 5.5/6" ride height preload, the overall driving experience would be a lot stiffer. This is also why I keep finding myself unimpressed with the rear-end performance (3" coil spacer with standard nitrogen charged shock).

Now, as for @iksplizit and the '15 Yukon w/6" Fabtech lift. I looked more closely at the Fabtech 6" kit and yes, more than likely most of the 6" Fabtech installs are still running stock shocks. The kit is designed for that.
Now, there are 2 separate Fabtech 6" kits: K1125 and K1078. They are listed on the Fabtech website for different model years, but I have not come across this before. Usually, we're looking for 2015-2020 components Tahoe. Or 2014-2019 Silverado components. Do you know which kit# you have installed? I spoke with Fabtech and they said that the differences in the kits are how the front strut spacer is. He wasn't too specific, but said to make sure you order the correct kit year. I think this what they are referring to on their website as the "Front Coilover Kit" when you look at specific components of the lift kit system. Listed under kit description and part #s. My guess is that it has something to do with a OE design component that was slightly changed, affecting the specific Fabtech strut spacer design and install. Seriously, have NOT really run into this split year problem before.

Either way, both 6" Fabtech kits are designed to run stock shocks, but that doesn't mean you can't upgrade.
In fact, I would say that getting new shocks installed would be a great plan. I think you would notice drastic improvements compared to your current setup. Removing from the 6" Fabtech the front coil spacer kit and then removing the rear shock extension bracket would allow for the shock upgrade, I believe. I would suggest a pair of front coilovers and then getting a set of rear shocks for the appropriate lift height (approx. 5" for you, I think). The front coilovers would be for a 6" lift, and could be an upgraded upgrade if you go with remote reservoirs and/or damping control on top of that...

examples:
FOX Shocks:
I'm a BIG fan of the Fox shocks. I see now that my current front adj. coilovers have been discontinued by Cognito. Cognito now offers 4" and 6" specific Fox 2.0s for their kits. I would suggest looking at the 6" and calling Cognito directly. Secondly, BDS Suspension offers a 6" Fox 2.0 Coilover with Remote Reservoir and damping control adjustment. I think those are around $1800 via BDS directly. Again, you would need to call. They are great to work with. BDS and Cognito could also set you up with the corresponding rear Fox 2.0 shocks for a 6" lift. Fabtech, though not shown as compatible, has a 6" Dirt Logic coilover for their 6" Silverado lifts, part# FTS21196, that I think would fit your setup fine.

Rough Country: Not seen it here yet on the TYForum, but I think they are probably good, if not pretty darn good. I don't think any product from RC is just amazing, unfortunately. However, this option gives you a bigger upgrade to your upgrade w/out as big a bang on your $budget.
Vertex 2.5 Adj. Front Coilovers: $1,299 View RC Vertex HERE 6-7.5" Lift
Vertex 2.5 Adj. Rear Shocks: $899 View RC Vertex REAR shocks HERE 5-7.5" Lift

King & Icon are very comparable to Fox. Some TYForum members have gone to more custom/racing shops for their front coilovers.

Keep us posted - thanks again for the measurements.

Safe Travels!