New to the forum. 01 Tahoe (work truck) 03 Tahoe (play truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Midnight mechanic

Midnight mechanic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is also an 03, got it back in 2012. Bought it from a Real Estate company who used it to chauffeur clients around. It was in great shape, completely stock. Miles were a little high--212k--but it was well maintained. One of my 1st mods was to install a flip out radio. It was ok, but in the stock location it would hit the shifter. To get around that I'd just shift into low then open the radio. Did you like the location they installed in? I'd think it would be hard to see the screen while driving. I don't understand what I'm looking at in the lower pic. Is that a wire or rca cable stretched across? Looks broken too.
Lol no it’s my kids fishing rod. I installed the radio and all the other mods on the hoe, been a professional mechanic going on 20yrs now. I left the dealership and started a Mobil mechanic business hence my 01 Tahoe being my work truck. I’ve owned 3 Tahoe’s still currently have 2, I’ve owned and sold a 03 Silverado, owned and sold 3 bourbons 2 square body and 1 new body style. You’re very correct the shifter hitting the flip screen was a pain abs that’s why I switched my EQ up top and added a pocket and put the flip screen down low. Surprisingly no the screen wasn’t hard to see or navigate I liked it lower.

OP
OP
Midnight mechanic

Midnight mechanic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's this floor jack in the seat for? Got a pic?
Lol it wasn’t supposed to be, I was out on a service call and my service jack took a **** on me and I needed a jack. A friend of mine at the time was at my place so I called him told him the situation and he thought It be a good idea to put my house jack in the front passenger seat of my 03 well that didn’t work out to good for my head unit. It was a perfect storm of **** at that moment. I needed a jack out on the road his truck was down so he drove my 03 it is what it is like I said **** happens. I mean I wasn’t happy to say the least but ‍

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Lol it wasn’t supposed to be, I was out on a service call and my service jack took a **** on me and I needed a jack. A friend of mine at the time was at my place so I called him told him the situation and he thought It be a good idea to put my house jack in the front passenger seat of my 03 well that didn’t work out to good for my head unit. It was a perfect storm of **** at that moment. I needed a jack out on the road his truck was down so he drove my 03 it is what it is like I said **** happens. I mean I wasn’t happy to say the least but ‍♂️
That sux. Idk why ANYONE would put a car jack on a seat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne