New Member Intro: Southeast Michigan - Just bought an 02 Z71 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
unt0uchable

unt0uchable

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, new plans to add to my project: I also pulled the hydroboost master cylinder off the 2500 before it rolled out this weekend. Hooray for better braking and a better feeling pedal. I'm glad I decided to do this as it's a straightforward swap.

Nothing more to update, just adding this to my list of things to do while I'm knee deep into the engine bay already.

Arthur Vandalay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool project - I like the idea of a 6.OL Tahoe!

I think you did well on the price, it's a lot of truck for under 5 Billz for sure. Point of reference, I recently bought my '06 Z71, southern IL truck, one owner, all original paint, garaged, clean Carfax, etc. Damn nice except the front bumper has rust, but I can get a new primered bumper for 100 bucks and have the shop that paints our company trucks paint and install it so not a huge deal. 170k miles, every option and it all works, bank said it was worth 12,800 - dealer was asking 9,000 - I held firm at 7,000 and they were not happy but finally took it when I was ready to leave and just go buy another minivan :)

20160306_180458-L.jpg

OP
OP
unt0uchable

unt0uchable

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice color! I was in line to look at one very similar to yours before I landed the white one. It had similar miles, was garage kept, lady driven, etc. They were asking $6200 if I recall.

I like the idea of the 6.0 too. We have an LS2 in my wife's 9-7x Aero so I'll always envy the go pedal on that thing. 400hp/400tq is too much fun. Maybe one day my LQ4 will be in a similar state of mind, lol!

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lq4 in a tahoe rocks. It feels so much stronger. Add a stall, LTs, cam tune and all and you have yourself a transmission killing motor lol..

OP
OP
unt0uchable

unt0uchable

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, life's gotten too busy and this project ain't never gonna happen. Looking to sell the entire setup if anyone is interested. I don't have enough posts to make an official FS thread so contact me if you're lookin. I've got everything needed for the swap - engine, trans, t case, wiring, ecu, etc. $2000 - located in Rochester Hills, MI.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I just finished my 6.0 swap and the truck is amazingly powerful now. I was able to get the motor and tranny done in two weekends. Could have had it done it in one weekend. I rebuilt my tranny and did the knock sensors and all the gaskets. Over all didn't cost much and ran good on the 5.3 tune. If you can afford to hold on to it and do it shortly down the road you will love the taho better. I find it drives like it should have from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts