New Member from CT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drifter666

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Ray. I've been looking threw this site just to see what kind of things people are doing with the full size gm suv's. I do not own one yet however but I am going to buy one some time this year. I was curious if one was better than the other "ie. Chevy, GMC and maybe the best year to look for"

I am aiming for the 96 or similar years and am looking for 3 things
1. it MUST be a 2 door.
2. it MUST have 4wd with the floor shifter NOT push button.
3. I would like it to be a 350 i know GM used 305s for a lot of their trucks.

I would LOVE to have any input on what areas to check when looking at these trucks, I have had an s10 blazer for the past 3 yrs and know nothing about these so anything at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome Ray, man those good clean 2 doors are nice, but hard to find. Run the VIN before you purchase, to ensure it's a 350.

OP
OP
D

drifter666

Reaction score
thanks guys, i found 1 driving around tonight, the only thing is the freakin thing is like 7200 bucks its a 98 with 80k miles and cloth interior and the floor shift 4wd. Then right next to it is a 4 door with leather also a 98 with like 75k miles and he wants 3200 does that sound right to anyone? I currently only have like 1100 bucks saved up and what ever i can get for my 94 s10 blazer with 126k miles but I'm trying to save up even tho I was laid off a month ago but I'm doing it somehow.

Last edited:

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I don't know the value of those years but with that price difference something is definitely not right. Either way good luck in your search and hope you end up in a Tahoe soon. Welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

OP
OP
D

drifter666

Reaction score
Thanks man, the guy only wanted to give me 500 for my blazer:flipthebird: I can make twice that parting it and selling on craigslist. So yea the search is back on. What do you guys think 98 2 door tahoe red with the little running boards, lever 4wd, cloth interior gray, with 80k miles is 7200 a decent price or is it over priced?

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Hope you find what you're searching for. I think that is a overpriced 2 dr Tahoe.. Just keep looking, you'll find it.

OP
OP
D

drifter666

Reaction score
I thought it was overpriced too, but let me ask everyone on here, do you all think my blazer is worth more than 500 bucks its all leather power everything 126,000 miles.

IMG00083-20100311-1241.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n