New guy saying hello - 2014 GMC Yukon SLT 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just recently picked up a 2014 Yukon SLT to replace my battle-hardened 2005 Nissan Armada. I'm up in New Hampshire, and after all road salt it's collected on my various commutes it was losing the rust battle.

I've never had a GM product before so this should be fun.

I've been browsing this forum for a couple weeks before making an account... didn't really have anything to ask or offer, but now I figured I'd share a picture or two, and start asking a million questions.

9HwhAB9.jpg
6GSgqLX.jpg

I bought this Yukon as-is, and have only added a Rough Country front leveling kit, to raise the front 2". The wheels/tires (20" Black Rhino? w/LT275/60R20 BFG K02s) and blacked-out trim came that way. I kind of like it, since I've lost any taste for chrome or shiny stuff.

The bull-bar has become a running joke with my friends. 1/3 of them hate it, 1/3 of them like it, and 1/3 of them didn't notice it. I'm on the fence about it myself, and since it offers zero structural protection I'll probably take it off and sell it on Craigslist once I undo the LED wiring from it. I'd like to find a subtle, steel, prerunner-type bumper that offers actual protection from deer & bear-sized road obstacles, but the market seems slim/none for Yukon-compatible bumpers that don't look ridiculous.

I'm looking at future mods such as:

Blackbear tune to enhance overall driveablity
Subtle exhaust upgrade (probably just a more efficient muffler)
Find a better solution to connect my phone to the audio system via Bluetooth

I'll post some individual questions in the appropriate sub-forums, but just wanted to say hi.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Dan!

Nice Yukon. Looks very well maintained. Hopefully you got some service records.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice looking truck!

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Dan!

Nice Yukon. Looks very well maintained. Hopefully you got some service records.

Thanks. I actually have zero service records, and kind of rolled the dice with this one. I work from home now, and drive only a couple times a week, so I'm not too worried about issues... yet. I am slowly going over, and under, the truck to plan out some big maintenance. When adding the front leveling kit I spent a while under the Yukon staring at everything, and there weren't any concerns that leapt out at me. Fingers crossed.

Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice looking truck!

Thanks, and whereabouts in NH? I'm in Sullivan County, close to I-91.

I've been in many automotive forums for the last 25 years for all the various stuff I've owned (a ton of Saabs, a few BMWs, and a couple Nissans... we don't talk about that one VW) so as long as I have this Yukon I'll be poking around this place.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I actually have zero service records, and kind of rolled the dice with this one. I work from home now, and drive only a couple times a week, so I'm not too worried about issues... yet. I am slowly going over, and under, the truck to plan out some big maintenance. When adding the front leveling kit I spent a while under the Yukon staring at everything, and there weren't any concerns that leapt out at me. Fingers crossed.

Thanks, and whereabouts in NH? I'm in Sullivan County, close to I-91.

I've been in many automotive forums for the last 25 years for all the various stuff I've owned (a ton of Saabs, a few BMWs, and a couple Nissans... we don't talk about that one VW) so as long as I have this Yukon I'll be poking around this place.

I'm in Hillsborough county, close to Rte. 3 Everett Turnpike.

IMO, you will not find a better Forum for your truck, than this one.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this Yukon as-is, and have only added a Rough Country front leveling kit, to raise the front 2". The wheels/tires (20" Black Rhino? w/LT275/60R20 BFG K02s) and blacked-out trim came that way. I kind of like it, since I've lost any taste for chrome or shiny stuff.

Nice Dan, looks good leveled. If you pull a CarFax, it may show who maintained the vehicle in the past. You can then contact those establishments and ask for a pdf copy of any service records. Some states even have a look up for the title and registration information so you can look up the prior owner and contact them about your new truck.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Welcome from Cali. Nice score. Last truck of the model year. A good telltale of fluid changes or potential hi temp operations is if the coolant reservoir is clean and clear.

Obviously, if it’s brand new or crusty, start taking on a full gear oil/coolant change. Otherwise you might assume, key word, assume it may have been maintained once or twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins