New guy rant in...3...2...1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Just more acronyms for todays world. NNBS was an oddball when it took off but hey, it works.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's great when listening to discussions at the truck meets, sounds like all the GM guys are stuttering
yeah, that's just absurd. I NEVER actually speak the acronyms other than "OBS" SOMETIMES but I almost always refer to them by their GM platform names. The acronyms made sense at one time when they were thought of 10 years ago but not as much anymore :)

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
To me still, if its not current, its old body style. 2013 is old body style. But since the forums came up with the nomenclature, and to avoid getting torn apart on certain forums ::cough GMFS:: its best to just continue to use them.

Dave01

Reaction score
I kind of like the nn acronyms, keeps it different from any other vehicle you might talk about.

SUBURBIAN

All Chevy
Reaction score
A bigger issue than the naming is why GM changes the body style so often. Makes absolutely no sense.

SUBURBIAN

All Chevy
Reaction score
Almost every car manufacturer changes body style every 5 to 6 years. Nothing new tbh....

It's happening a bit more frequently than every 5-6 years. Maybe that's part of the reason why a GD full size SUV costs as much as a house nowadays.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the day (pre-80's) body styles would change almost every year :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwill205