New guy here, just bought a 03' Yukon Denali XL (which catback or muffler to get?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kfarron1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up everyone?

I'm Keith, Just bought a 03' GMC Yukon Denali over the weekend, I pick her up this afternoon, I used to have an 03' Escalade (a year or two ago). I am looking at replacing the muffler alone or getting a catback, when I had my escalade with the 6.0 vortech I had the K&N cold air intake with a Corsa "sport" catback, was a very nice combo in my opinion but I'd like to go a different route with the Denali...

What are you guys/gals using here? What seems to be the most for your buck?

I seen a "CGS" catback for the denali xl on ebay for what seemed to be a fair price, just never have heard of the CGS before...

Should I get a full catback system (Dont really wanna spend more then $500) OR just replace the muffler ?

Also which cold air intake should I get (Dont wanna go over $300 to my door)

Also curious as to what other mods I should do? I read something about a tune here...

Look forward to using the forum and being a part of the community here....

-Keith

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey Keith, me, I'd just replace the muffler...no need for a complete catback...the exhaust on these are plenty. You wouldnt see any gains by spending any more, than just replacing muffler.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Have a flowmaster dual outlet catback on my yukon. I hate the look of a single side exit on any vehicle so thats the only reason i went with a catback and didn`t just replace the muffler.

If that doesn`t bother you the cheapest way is just doing the muffler with the same result in power and sound. A true dual exhaust system is overkill for these trucks.

I have a spectre CAI, i think it was $117 from jegs and i love it.

As far as the tune, Blackbear performance is the place to go. You will not be disappointed with the result or customer service. You can get an in person tune if they happen to have a meet by your location or do a mail order tune.
I go to a bunch of forums for our trucks and i have never heard a negative remark about one of their tunes.

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Keith, me, I'd just replace the muffler...no need for a complete catback...the exhaust on these are plenty. You wouldnt see any gains by spending any more, than just replacing muffler.

+1

That's what a lot of people (me included) do. If you can afford the whole Corsa Sport or Touring exhaust system that's not a bad route either :Handshake:

OP
OP
K

Kfarron1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I had the corsa sport on my escalade but parted it out back when I sold it, really wishing I had that muffler now, I'm gonna just replace the muffler, it's cheaper and will give the results I want a lil more power and nicer sound, with that being said does anyone know the part number or model number of a good performance muffler for my Denali xl with the 6.0 vortech?

Thanks,
Keith

OP
OP
K

Kfarron1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a deep throaty sound... More of a muscle car sound, I want to know I got a 6 liter under the hood, but at the same time, I dont really wanna be annoyed within the cab, I do have a wife and 6 month old son...

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a deep throaty sound... More of a muscle car sound, I want to know I got a 6 liter under the hood, but at the same time, I dont really wanna be annoyed within the cab, I do have a wife and 6 month old son...

If you don't want to be annoyed in the cabin and you've had Corsa in the past, I think you will be disappointed in anything else other than Corsa!! I love my Corsa in my denali alot, never had corsa before but didn't want the cabin drone from the other mufflers I've had in the past and corsa didn't disappoint me at all!

OP
OP
K

Kfarron1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I get just a cords muffler ? Or do I need the whole catback? I kinda want it a touch louder then the corsa was though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA