New guy '12 Escalade Premium

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, new guy from the west Chicago burbs checking in. I picked up a '12 Escalade last week for baby hauling duties that I didn't think my Silverado was going to cover (I didn't want an infant and psychotic 1 year old boxer sharing a bench seat). My first child is due September 7th. I've lurked on this site and others as to avoid the standard "noob question" redundancy as much as possible and I've already started ordering for minor mods to suit my taste. On the way are LED forward lighting, LED interior lights, 3M DiNoc carbon fiber vinyl for the faux wood pieces, tinting the front windows on Monday, already trying to sell the 3rd row seats that I'll never use, debating swapping the 2nd row buckets for a bench (dog will ride in the back on the Weathertech mat). Already put an Airaid intake tube on it that I took off my Silvy before I traded it in.

I gave it a once over before and after I bought it. Clean 1 owner Carfax, no leaks underneath, no beat up upholstery, fresh fluids and filters and everything seems to be working.
Anything I should be looking for on an AWD '12 Escalade? Like something that's a standard pain in the ass on these?

Future mod plans;
Lower it 2"/3" or at least drop the back end 2". Lowering is a long way away since mod money will soon be baby money. I'll be bugging NorCal once I decide to start ordering parts.
MAYBE cut the resonator off the back and redo the exhaust so it will still exit the bumper slots and possibly get an actual spare tire. I haven't found any vids of what it sounds like without the resonator so I might just go with a full exhaust if I can find something that's not too loud or will drone. Again, baby hauler, I don't want it too loud.
MAYBE smoke the headlights and tail lights to tie in all the black but I'm not a fan of the monochromatic "murdered out" look.

Everyone is shocked that I bought a black vehicle again since I said I'd never buy another after the black TBSS I had but I do detailing work as a side gig so it'll keep me in the garage and doing something I enjoy.

Fits WAAAAY better in the garage than the crew cab truck I had.
c5c8f50a423b78f16bea5dd1155108c6.jpg

68df7fc669a49973630076341aa35e1f.jpg

All the "wood" would be gone today but I have a date with a pregnant wife, I'll wrap the vinyl on this week.
6be44d4db87555dcb3627f28511b4dca.jpg

I did a test piece to see if I'd like it and unfortunately I did so I ordered more.
98d6c53b22bddaf8e7ee84dbd0154923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Mike.

Your Escalade looks better then new!! Your Escalade will definitely work well for you and your family.

Your minor and future mods sound awesome..I always preferred the Escalade in Black.

OP
OP
Smrtss1

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to get to it and start wrapping the wood interior. I've used 3M DiNoc before and I like the ease of use and it's flexibility even though there isn't much need for a lot of flexing to wrap these pieces. I got the center dash done with the exception of the rear of the center console (that'll be a pain in the ass) and the passenger window switch plate.

52f6fe61859e946b58e972b60bede93e.jpg

795c265f8570e7885352045ac504053c.jpg

c07264effe78ee0c75717bf3d3a7e98c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Nice mods list already in motion. That wrap turned out nice. Maybe the Corsa Sport for some good solid notes, without annoying the wife or baby? Good luck on the new bubs in September.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA