New Escalade owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! New platform owner. Last week I sold my 2012 GMC Yukon Denali and got into a 2019 Escalade ESV Luxury (with some Premium features!). It was a long time coming; my '12 started to nickel and dime me pretty badly. I ended up spending over $2400 in the course of 2 weeks, and it stranded me 3 times. This after all the care I put into it, so I was not happy. Decided to get rid of it while I could. Ended up getting a pretty good price on the trade-in, and found this almost brand new, '19 Escalade ESV with 27k miles on it, CPO to boot! Dealer wanted $70k for it. With trade-in, after taxes, tags, and all fees, total came to $60k.

I swore off ever getting a K2 platform truck because of buffeting and vibration issues I've read about, but this thing rides like a complete dream compared to my old Denali. Very pleasantly surprised. It even still has the new car smell. I'm stoked! A few little things aren't working, so I'm getting the truck in for service so that it can be repaired under warranty. I've already put all-weather mats in the entire thing, changed the front turn signal and license plate bulbs to LED, and going to throw on new tires and brakes over the next few weeks.

20211019_183719.jpg
20211019_183752.jpg20211019_200631.jpg

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful machine, can't beat black either. Looks like brand new. Sunroof? That seems to take care of the buffeting situation, probably some extra roof bracing. Pretty decent deal too I think.

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful machine, can't beat black either. Looks like brand new. Sunroof? That seems to take care of the buffeting situation, probably some extra roof bracing. Pretty decent deal too I think.
Thank you so much! Yep, it has a sunroof! And it has a 2nd row bench, which I actually much prefer over the captain chairs! :)

Yes, this actually was an excellent deal. In the entire DMV area where I live, which is one of the worst areas in the country to try and buy cars, there were exactly 3 (THREE) CPO Escalades in my price point; I test drove the other two; one of them was owned by a smoker so that was an auto no-go; the other rattled like a box of bolts. So it was down to this one, and I figured there was no way to find anything like this anywhere else, I would have had to go 500+ miles out and even then it would be a crapshoot. So I talked them down in price, and thankfully was able to get the deal done.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice upgrade

& yeah... K2xx's either have the buffeting issue or they dont.
doesnt seem to be a rhyme or reason either.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Awesome Escalade! Nice find.
Swore off ever getting a K2 platform truck because of buffeting and vibration issues I've read about, but this thing rides like a complete dream compared to my old Denali. Very pleasantly surprised.

View attachment 353749
View attachment 353750View attachment 353751

As far as the K2 Platform goes I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I talk to owners all the time with the K2 Platform [Miami-New York] and none complained about the buffeting/vibration. A lot of those were Livery drivers with way over 200K miles on them.

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few days after driving this thing around, I'm completely in love!

It doesn't even feel like a truck...but it is a truck. I still have the ***** original Bridgestone tires (getting them replaced with Michelin Defender LTXs tomorrow!), and in spite of that, it performed BEAUTIFULLY in heavy rain. The 10-speed trans eliminates the need for me to put it in tow/haul mode, which I always had to do with my Denali when it was fully loaded with people/groceries/stuff in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14