New 2016 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groucho

Reaction score
Could you tell me if the VLED is worthwhile? Better visability?
Part # or link to the product?
Thanks!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. When I switch the vehicle to AUTO/4WD there is a static noise coming from the dash somewhere. When I switch it back to 2WD the noise goes away. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't hear it, but everyone else I ask hears it. I remember reading something about this a couple months ago, but I can't find it and don't know what to do.

Take a look at the "Interior" section - page 3 titled "High Pitched Squeak from 2WD/4WD selector knob. There is also another link for additional info listed in that post. Good luck.

Denada

Reaction score
Sick ride and love those wheels! Looks like you may be in or around the LA area, who did the wrap and/or plastidip?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the whole front end of my Z06 protected with XPel Ultimate along with rocker panels and the CF pieces. Cost about $1200. Worth every penny.

I then had the whole car covered in Opticoat, including prep for panels not covered by the Xpel, which cost me $900. The Xpel was also covered with the Opticoat btw.

I lastly had Clearplex placed on the windshield for $350 which has already saved me from a crack I'm positive. Since it has an HUD windscreen
Ike the Denali, hence more cost, again the $350 for the Clearplex is a bargain IMHO.

Bish

I can't find any research showing that coatings like opticoat, glass plus etc have any impact and/or even stay on the car for a meaningful period of time.

Their site also doesn't say it protects against swirl marks.

I opted for one of these coatings last time around but unless the dealers can actually provide me with proof that it works? I'll pass.

$1000+ buys a few good details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't find any research showing that coatings like opticoat, glass plus etc have any impact and/or even stay on the car for a meaningful period of time.

Their site also doesn't say it protects against swirl marks.

I opted for one of these coatings last time around but unless the dealers can actually provide me with proof that it works? I'll pass.

I can only comment on opti coat pro, done on multiple cars

Has a 5 year warranty and still see water beading well into the fourth year so it lasts

I never have to dry or wax again, the bead is so strong that a quick drive and all the water is gone (expect rear tailgate)

It doesn't protect against swirls, but it eliminates the issue that causes swirls - the coating is very smooth so when you pre-rinse your car before washing, a lot of the dirt just rinses off so there's less dirt left to cause the swirls

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is also the Opticoat Pro with the five year warranty. It has been on the car now for about eight months. I've washed the car three times during those eight months, every other time it gets a little dirty I use McGuiars(sp?) detail spray. Finish looks awesome still and water beads like crazy. I'm sold on the product. I had the 'regular' Opticoat product on a 2013 BMW M5 that in 18,000 miles and 18 months still had a fantastic shine/water beading, this despite the fact that it only ever went through automated car washes.

Bish

IamZ

Reaction score
Just gonna chime in on the coats!
I've got a BMW 335 that I had Opticoated August 2013 and that car shines like it's brand new everytime it rains!! This is my wife's car and she take it for weekly gas station drivethrough car washes so the Opticoating has obviously held up amazingly!!!
I also have a Cayenne that per the recommendation of my detailer, I had coated with Modesta BC-5 which is supposed to be one of the latest/greatest nanocoats. It's been on for a little over a year now and I can definitely say I wish I had used Opticoat instead! When parked side-by-side, the BMW always has a better shine to it and always looks cleaner than the Cayenne.

Just some food for thought...

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just gonna chime in on the coats!
I've got a BMW 335 that I had Opticoated August 2013 and that car shines like it's brand new everytime it rains!! This is my wife's car and she take it for weekly gas station drivethrough car washes so the Opticoating has obviously held up amazingly!!!
I also have a Cayenne that per the recommendation of my detailer, I had coated with Modesta BC-5 which is supposed to be one of the latest/greatest nanocoats. It's been on for a little over a year now and I can definitely say I wish I had used Opticoat instead! When parked side-by-side, the BMW always has a better shine to it and always looks cleaner than the Cayenne.

Just some food for thought...

Good info. You can buy it for $70 or so online. sounds like it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts