Need Help with Gen 1 Whipple Charger Eating my Belts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charged Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have had this problem from DAY 1 with this supercharger... my serpentine belts last maybe 2-3 months then shred (see the thread/rib in the photo below). I have replaced the tensioner with Whipples recommended option. I have used the GATES Green fleet rated thick V belt. I have tried to move the tensioner down... then up... I have been through it with 3-4 mechanics and tossed countless dollars$$$ into this set-up. Has anybody figured out a solution? I am trying to get into a machine shop to see what he can do about moving the tensioner in about 1/2" to get everything aligned a little better. It will require milling down the bracket that came with the charger... but anywho, enough rambling.. I have a link below to the video and a photo attached... Let me know if any of you guys have figured out this problem!!!! Thanks in advance for any advice.. :)

*funny note, whipple acknowledged this problem but said it was too old to warrant any help*

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkqcif22atdgp57/IMG_5035.MOV?dl=0

supercharger.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900