Need help: thinking about painting the lower part of the front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to paint the chrome and the lower valance sometime this week and will post some pictures. What are you using to paint wondertwins?

400 Grit Sandpaper scuff, Adhesion Promoter (Use for Chrome), Primer, Base Coat, Clear Coat. My Burb in my sig is an LT which had chrome bumpers and grill, its been over 3200 miles with it and its holding up great. Except for a couple imperfections its not cracking or peeling, all for about 40 bucks in paint materials.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ddbell21

Ddbell21

Reaction score
Not so sure about doing the grille white, but definitely dip the lower valence. Those look sick when they are white. They just contrast well I suppose.

Just had time today to paint the lower valance and remove the front tow hooks,which I have to say are a Bi#%* to remove lol. Anyways here is some pictures let me know what you think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 34

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love it. Well done! Did you dip it or actually paint?

OP
OP
Ddbell21

Ddbell21

Reaction score
HTML:
Love it. Well done! Did you dip it or actually paint?

I dipped it, didn't even sand it down just washed it off. took me three cans the valance seemed to just soak it all up. But I will say if you paint yours to take it all the way off the truck makes it easier to paint. When are you going to do yours? Grimes

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks good. Out of curiosity what are you doing with the old tow hooks? I need a set.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HTML:

I dipped it, didn't even sand it down just washed it off. took me three cans the valance seemed to just soak it all up. But I will say if you paint yours to take it all the way off the truck makes it easier to paint. When are you going to do yours? Grimes

Very cool. I'll definitely be taking mine off first :p I'll be sanding then krylon fusion not this weekend but next, for the start of spring break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo