My Tahoes new set-up on the dyno! VID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[yt]QRJjEcj07IU[/yt]

Its a 5.3, tick stage 1 cam with supporting valvetrain mods. Heads are 5.3 with 6.0 valves and ported. Stock truck intake, 60lb injectors. KB racing t-6 manifold with my own custom made crossover and downpipe / full 4 inch exhaust. 4l80e with shift kit, stock rear with true trac. 13lb boost. Torque will be better when i figure out some waste-gate issues. Thanks for watching!

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Forgot to mention AIS dual nozzle methanol injection kit, hidden under plastic in the back, comes on at 9lb.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that burnout video is real nice like lol. what setup do you have for the rear end suspension. It looks like it handles the power well and the drop is spot on!!

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love it, after watching a couple NBS trucks and now seeing your 01' I am really starting to lean towards a turbo build.

Do you have a build thread anywhere? Would really like to look through it.

OP
OP
THE-HOE

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that burnout video is real nice like lol. what setup do you have for the rear end suspension. It looks like it handles the power well and the drop is spot on!!

Thanks man, it's the norcal ss custom 6 inch rear drop. With spohn Panhard bar. It never wheel hopps on me, not sure how it will handle slicks, but will find out soon.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

love it, after watching a couple NBS trucks and now seeing your 01' I am really starting to lean towards a turbo build.

Do you have a build thread anywhere? Would really like to look through it.

Thanks, unfortunately I do not have a build thread about this setup. It's pretty basic though, mostly a budget build, just forgot to take pictures of stuff haha.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, it's the norcal ss custom 6 inch rear drop. With spohn Panhard bar. It never wheel hopps on me, not sure how it will handle slicks, but will find out soon.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Thanks, unfortunately I do not have a build thread about this setup. It's pretty basic though, mostly a budget build, just forgot to take pictures of stuff haha.

The budget builds are more interesting reads than the big $ builds IMHO.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I got bite by the turbo bug haha, it brings back those turbo diesel memories and has me wanting the added power and oh so sweet whistle in my life again.

I found the pic thread and the other vids, pretty much sums it up haha, sick truck definitely. Hope to see some updates when she is tuned up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26