My O8' Tahoe U.S. Canadian Border Patrol rig.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JK, Your skid plate system is common to mine as well. not sure off road wise if we we're different at all? I have the brush guard still that could be what you had as well, but was removed. That would also explain the lack of your Tow Hooks.
View attachment 212832 View attachment 212833 View attachment 212834
I’ve got tow hooks, mine had a cut bumper, lift springs and a strut spacer too. Used to have a cage in back as well. Now it’s lowered 2/3” with a full bumper. 85442967-7427-4A8F-9BC5-77A44DF4A397.jpeg

OP
OP
Basics

Basics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got it, either way you got a nice rig, and customizing it for your own use is the cats meow. When you find that push bar you are looking for, It will set it off even more. Did you throw away the custom lift you said came with it? Also our skid plate system NZZ coded may be unique to the civilian NZZ skid plate system. Because, the last Tahoe I had was also (FLT, GAM) That I totaled also had the same exact skid plates as ours. So for informational purposes, I would say on Border Patrol rigs. North or South these skid plates are out there. We can converse off topic as well. :) Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited:

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it, either way you got a nice rig, and customizing it for your own use is the cats meow. When you find that push bar you are looking for, It will set it off even more. Did you throw away the custom lift you said came with it? Also our skid plate system NZZ coded may be unique to the civilian NZZ skid plate system. Because, the last Tahoe I had was also (FLT, GAM) That I totaled also had the same exact skid plates as ours. So for informational purposes, I would say on Border Patrol rigs. North or South these skid plates are out there. We can converse off topic as well. :) Merry Christmas everyone.
RPO code NZZ is a civilian code for the factory skid plate kit as my Sierra had it. I don’t think there’s an rpo code for any of the upfitting since it wasn’t ordered that way. Mine certainly was worked on at Baja fabrications (yours might of been as well, hard to tell if our skids look the same 100%. I have the springs and blocks in my garage. They may go back in at some point, I already have a lifted vehicle so I wanted something lowered.

Here’s their website. http://www.bajafabrication.com/new-page-1/

OP
OP
Basics

Basics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
RPO code NZZ is a civilian code for the factory skid plate kit as my Sierra had it. I don’t think there’s an rpo code for any of the upfitting since it wasn’t ordered that way. Mine certainly was worked on at Baja fabrications (yours might of been as well, hard to tell if our skids look the same 100%. I have the springs and blocks in my garage. They may go back in at some point, I already have a lifted vehicle so I wanted something lowered.

Here’s their website. http://www.bajafabrication.com/new-page-1/

If you could, I think seeing the differences in our rpo codes would be interesting for all of us on here.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s mine. The oddball rpo code I’m missing is a g80. I confirmed it’s open and then bought a Yukon unit for it.

546E483B-DE8B-4189-8C54-05E4B29A0DE0.jpeg

jkssv08tahoe

Reaction score
By chance you would not know what company made the front guard?
img_0254-jpg.212648

OP
OP
Basics

Basics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_0254.jpg
Mine is above. Jason, Mine appears to be a discontinued Westin grille guard. I do like the Westin unit because the eye guards shape to the body very well. close to the current 57-3665 from what I can tell?
It also appears Ranch Hand see pic below makes one similar, but not knowing how the eye guards fit to the body lines is an unknown to me. That's all I know today, I hope this helps you.

M63469584.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attempt22