My GMC Intellilink Navigation Gets Caught In Rebooting Cycle ...can you duplicate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bzpilot

Reaction score
I went on a long trip over this past holiday in my 2016 Yukon Denali and noticed an issue with my GMC Intellilink System Navigation.

Anytime I had a route (single destination) active in the navigation system and I shut down the vehicle (in my case it was to get gas and then continue on my route). When I restart the vehicle the Intellilink System got caught in a "Reloading Maps" loop and kept rebooting. The system only stayed up and running for about 20 seconds before it reboot. The first time it happened to me, I was in a not too safe neighborhood, so I decided to drive away before trying to troubleshoot. Needless to say it wasn't very safe driving down the interstate either with my console, dash and HUD flashing off and on every 20 seconds or so.

I've was able to duplicate this 5 out of 5 times I ran into the scenario above while on my trip.

The only way to get it stop rebooting was during the 20 seconds or so the system is up and running you must go into the navigation and quickly cancel the route and back completely out of the navigation page before the reboot begins again. The other option is to cancel the route before you even shut off the vehicle and then re-select the destination from "recents" before you get moving again. Both of which shouldn't be necessary.

Before I take this in to get looked at I just wanted to see if anyone else can duplicate this on their vehicles. If you can or can't please reply and include your software versions, thanks.

My current software versions:
Software - 84089010
Gracenote - 23199236
Map - 23346621

This Yukon was an April 2016 build.

IMG_4774.JPG IMG_4775.JPG

OP
OP
bzpilot

bzpilot

Reaction score
Took it in for a software update, that appears to have fixed the issue. Will report back if anything changes.

FYI this was an April 2016 build date Yukon.

OP
OP
bzpilot

bzpilot

Reaction score
Except there isn't a software update.... thats the latest release (as of yesterday).

I did find it odd that those numbers didn't change after the "update". I think they just reflashed over the top, which in my case seems to have fixed the issue I was having. I did find it odd no one else had reported the issue I was having. If it turns out to be just an original software flashing issue that would make more sense as to why I was the only one experiencing it. I will continue to test.

I know when I had to get a new Key FOB programmed to the vehicle a couple months ago they had to reflash my entire BCM (with the same software version over the top) because as it was it wouldn't take the new programming.

Seems like some of these computer modules may be coming from the factory with software issues already introduced to them during the original flashing/programming.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be super strange as it should reject a revision thats the same but who knows, maybe they swapped the unit out lol

OP
OP
bzpilot

bzpilot

Reaction score
That would be super strange as it should reject a revision thats the same but who knows, maybe they swapped the unit out lol

Thanks for the heads up. I did notice that my all my recent destinations were still in there - can those be transferred over to a new unit?

Well, it sounds like maybe I should just stop by and actually talk to the tech who worked on it.

...this was their claim

IMG_5668.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obs_teezy