my 97 2 door tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierraman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
this is my 97 tahoe that i got for a play toy/second vehicle. my plan is to do a 6" dick cepek lift along with torsion keys and get 35x13ish wide IROK's or some LTB's.

DAY 1:
IMG_5834.jpg

DAY 2: (Current)
withkeys.jpg

thanks for looking.let me know what you think and what idea i should be looking into.

Bennett

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nie truck. A little advice is do not but the keys, they dont do much for an OBS, our stock keys are more than enough. When you get working on it keep us posted. I run run the cepek on the tahoe. I have posted up pictures in this section in the past of it sitting next to my suburban with a 6" RCX kit

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solid lookin' 2 door man :waytogo:

OP
OP
S

sierraman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks fellas,
blue99 - they look like the dub homie wheels to me

bowtie - when he put the keys on, it raised it up so that the front now sits 1.25 inches higher than the back when before it was nosed down. do they put too much of a strain on the axles?

creedcop

Reaction score
Help sierraman out! I really advise him to put atleast some 13.5-14.5 wide tires on this thing. It will give him stance and he wont regret the look of it.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could have just cranked the stock keys to do that. TYPICALLY our stock keys allow thetorsion bars to be cranked so much that the control arms will sit on the droop stops. Again I say typically because torsion bars can wear out and differently indexed keys will help compensate for that.

The strain is on the CVs and the ball joints

Dpsthomas

Reaction score
Nice ride! Looks a whole lot better after only one day. I say take the chrome off of the side. It'll look much cleaner.

creedcop

Reaction score
I agree! I just figured that he would need to clear 35x14.50s he would need to atleast put a 6inch and keys? Only reason behind my thinking a buddy of ours had a 97 k1500 with a 6" fabtech longtravel with 35x14.50 mud grapplers on not so good backspacing and he still had to cut fender and bumper to clear. So I figured with atleast 4.5 backspacing and a 6inch and keys he would clear and give him great travel w/o a BL?