Moulding coming off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coreyb7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The door moulding on my 08 yukon xl denali is starting to come off on the drivers door. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks!

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just de-mould and debadge the entire truck IMO.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yu can get 3m and put it on again or debadge it as stated above

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not on a computer right now but I can post a few links tomorrow. I'm sure it won't be hard to find since most people tend to like that look and its pretty common. Or maybe someone can post one for you before I get to it. It's fairly easy to do and gives the truck a nice clean look. I took a couple badges off my truck and if I can do it, I'm sure you won't have any problems. Do you have chrome accessories?

OP
OP
C

coreyb7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not on a computer right now but I can post a few links tomorrow. I'm sure it won't be hard to find since most people tend to like that look and its pretty common. Or maybe someone can post one for you before I get to it. It's fairly easy to do and gives the truck a nice clean look. I took a couple badges off my truck and if I can do it, I'm sure you won't have any problems. Do you have chrome accessories?

Yes, the door handles are chrome as well as the step bar. Standard Denali trim I think. The chrome on the side moldings are starting to get almost like rust spots too. Maybe demolding is the way to go.

I've heard talk of clay bar and polishing after demolding. I've never done these before? Is it hard?

OP
OP
C

coreyb7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have a black denali with chrome door handles and chrome rims that is demolded? I'm trying to sell the idea to my wife and she is not biting so far lol.

dmar13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does anybody have pics of a z71 that all the mouldings been removed? Im looking to do the same but im afraid the paint underneath the moulding is a lot newer looking than the res of the car

Andrew.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does anybody have pics of a z71 that all the mouldings been removed? Im looking to do the same but im afraid the paint underneath the moulding is a lot newer looking than the res of the car

what year?

unless its been repainted, the fading will should be very minimal. Demoulded my '03, my dads 99 and buddies '02 and all had almost next to no fading. A quick clay and wax and it was back to normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman