Milestone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for years after my first car was gone, I have flipped vehicles every year or 2 sometimes more for the DD side of things... Combined my wife and I have had more than our fair share of rides, probably enough to fill a mid size dealership lot here in Houston. I used to love Ram trucks, had about 9 of them, SRT10 included in those, they were cool just never fit quite right. During such time Wife had a Jeep, Tahoe, Durango, Charger, and so on... So In 2014 I decided I was done with Chrysler myself, her on the other hand, nope... Bought a Silverado with a 6.2 and it was probably the closest thing to the SRT10 I had had since I had it... Towed great, did everything great, but was lacking for covered cargo, fast forward a few years, and 2016 oil crash hit, I needed no payments to make survival work for me, so we cut the excess fat off the bone, and went down to 1 vehicle in the DD fleet. I had 2 classics in the garage to sell if times came real tough but wasnt wanting to do that as the market was shit. So few months later, after flipping a few cars on the side, I decided I wanted to go ahead and get a tahoe for myself, Bought a lil 03 tahoe that was ROUGH, and DIRTY... 2 years later, cleaned up, alot of work done, daily driving across town etc and had socked away a nice ammt of money at that point, I made the decision to upgrade... I was torn cause the 03 was really solid, but that 4.8 lacked a bit in grunt...I had her for almost 2 years, but my commute is brutal on a vehicle. So went to dealer 2 years ago, had it narrowed down to Burb or Tahoe, the tahoe was a13 LT nice but the Burb Texas Edition, After an hour weighing the idea and options I pulled the trigger on the Burb and traded the 03 in for the same money I paid for it almost 2 years prior. Never in my life have I been still happy with a vehicle 2 years after purchase, and still miss the 03..Funny thing is I wish I had done this way back and bypassed a few financial mistakes... BUT I am here now and still love my old gal... SO I call this a MILESTONE for sure for my life... I guess vehicles are like dating, try some till you find what you really want. I think what is next for me will be a square body burb honestly with some mods, but right now I am content with this 12... does everything well, comfy, and room for alot. I am about 40k miles in so far in 2 years.... still going strong, DOD disable has been the best thing I did early on along with fluid changes for sure. Set up for another 100k....

Silverado was killed in Harvey after looking for it a while back...

silverado.jpg

But that paved way for this.... 12-2.jpg
So cant complain... Just wanted to share... 2 years in and still love it... Thanks to all of you for the motivation and knowledge... And Rocketmans Avatar still makes me laugh...

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2008 Suburban in 2013 with 106k on the clock. Sitting at 198k right now, still all-original, and I fully expect 300k out of her. Easily the best, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I still look back at her every time I park in a parking lot, and my wife is totally sick of hearing me say, "Damn, I love this truck."

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so after spending 20 minutes of my life ( being its corona self distancing unfortunately I have way TOO MUCH time)
reading this I am supposed to come to what conclusion...

I need the Cliff Notes Big Kev.....

He loves his truck so much that he's still in love after 2 years when he previously traded them out every year or so for a new one. After 2009, they're all Texas Editions! All built at Arlington. Before that they were built in Mexico and Janesville, Wisconsin.

Reaction score
He loves his truck so much that he's still in love after 2 years when he previously traded them out every year or so for a new one. After 2009, they're all Texas Editions! All built at Arlington. Before that they were built in Mexico and Janesville, Wisconsin.
My 2001 Yukon is a Texas Edition then? It was built in Arlington, oe at least it has that sticker on the edge of the front door

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2001 Yukon is a Texas Edition then? It was built in Arlington, oe at least it has that sticker on the edge of the front door

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Not officially. The Texas Edition is a special trim level. I've seen another state or two have their own before but which escapes me at the moment.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks, Glad he likes it. I like mine 2.

Reaction score
Not officially. The Texas Edition is a special trim level. I've seen another state or two have their own before but which escapes me at the moment.
Well that's what I was originally asking, what is the Texas Edition? What trim does it have that non Texas Editions don't?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick