Michelin Premier LTX or Michelin Defender or Bridgestone Dueler????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am leaning towards the Michelin Premier LTX's, but I am afraid that they will wear very prematurely, since the tread depth is so low, and they will be going on a heavy truck, so they might wear down super quick.. I like them for the quietness and the grip...I am also afraid they might not corner as well as the Bridgestone's.. My mother's car, had continental's on them, and then she went to the mich premier ltx's and the grip and quietness were greatly improved but the corning suffered a bit.. They fell more mushy when jerking the wheel,,

I am only considering the Bridgestone's because I can get a really good deal on them and I already know what I will be getting, since ive been riding on them for over 6 years now... They corner very well on dry pavement,, and the ride is fairly quiet,, but they are not good heavy rain or light snow at all.

Has anyone here ever had any experience with the mich premiers or the defenders,, after owning the Duelers???

Go with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 they will give you the best ride, noise, and wear quality!

MainahBob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We had a set of Duelers on a Grand Cherokee and they were okay-but noisy. Just sold a 4Runner and went through two sets of LTX M &S 2 tires-got 55K on the first set and had 50 on the second with tread that would still pass the Maine State inspection. Best tire i ever had.
The new Hoe came with 20" Continentals and they are crap in snow so just put on a set of Blizzak DMV2 tires. Excellent snow tires.

ts0293

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put michelins on my truck shortly after purchase (2013 with 36k miles).
I hated the ride on the OEM Duelers (rough, noisy, and the mag ride suspension would 'jiggle') - good gas mileage because truck would roll for blocks. The premiere LTX's grip better, are much quieter, and the ride is way better -- the suspension no longer gets confused. Lost a little bit of gas mileage - maybe .3 to .5 MPG. I am very pleased with the change (22x9 esky) and recommend the tires after about 4k miles.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 they will give you the best ride, noise, and wear quality!

I do believe they will have great wear quality, and a decent ride, but from what I hear they are not that quiet

abbthe1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed Defenders two days ago. The ride is much improved over stock Continentals, but so far they have been noisier on good pavement. I only have 30 miles on them, hopefully that improves as they break-in.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22" Defenders are quieter than the rock like Bridgestones that I replaced. Give them a good couple of hundred miles to 'break in'.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put michelins on my truck shortly after purchase (2013 with 36k miles).
I hated the ride on the OEM Duelers (rough, noisy, and the mag ride suspension would 'jiggle') - good gas mileage because truck would roll for blocks. The premiere LTX's grip better, are much quieter, and the ride is way better -- the suspension no longer gets confused. Lost a little bit of gas mileage - maybe .3 to .5 MPG. I am very pleased with the change (22x9 esky) and recommend the tires after about 4k miles.

My mother has the premier ltx on her Nissan sentra,, and i tried them out in the snow and heavy rain,, they provide MUCH better grip than the Bridgestones did on my old Suburban ltz did.. But one thing i did notice is,, with the mich premier's it made the suspension feel more wobbly when you cut the wheel hard side to side., The continental conticontacts that were on it, were much better in this regard... The main reasons I dont think i will put the mich premiers on my escalade is because i worry they will wear out too fast, being that the tread are so short, and the rubber is soft,, rememeber, these are not really suv tires,,, and that the suv may lean more when i take turns... I decided to go with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus's. I hear that they are exceptionally quiet, and that the wet and dry grip are very good,, we shall see, next week when i get them put on

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mother has the premier ltx on her Nissan sentra,, and i tried them out in the snow and heavy rain,, they provide MUCH better grip than the Bridgestones did on my old Suburban ltz did.. But one thing i did notice is,, with the mich premier's it made the suspension feel more wobbly when you cut the wheel hard side to side., The continental conticontacts that were on it, were much better in this regard... The main reasons I dont think i will put the mich premiers on my escalade is because i worry they will wear out too fast, being that the tread are so short, and the rubber is soft,, rememeber, these are not really suv tires,,, and that the suv may lean more when i take turns... I decided to go with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus's. I hear that they are exceptionally quiet, and that the wet and dry grip are very good,, we shall see, next week when i get them put on

I would put the Defender M/S2 or LTX M/S2 on your Escalade! I have a set on my 2015 Yukon with 55,000 miles on them, still have a lot of tread on them...

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would put the Defender M/S2 or LTX M/S2 on your Escalade! I have a set on my 2015 Yukon with 55,000 miles on them, still have a lot of tread on them...

Judging by the thick treads on the defenders, i would not doubt that they would last a long time and provide great grip on light snow,,but i still am hearing that they are a bit noisy, compared to the pirells that is,(Which is not saying that the Defenders will be a loud tire overall,,.. I ended up getting the Pirelli's for an incredible price of $680 (delivered) so, even if they wear a bit sooner, at least the lessened purchase price would make up for that a bit,, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia