Michelin Premier LTX or Michelin Defender or Bridgestone Dueler????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am leaning towards the Michelin Premier LTX's, but I am afraid that they will wear very prematurely, since the tread depth is so low, and they will be going on a heavy truck, so they might wear down super quick.. I like them for the quietness and the grip...I am also afraid they might not corner as well as the Bridgestone's.. My mother's car, had continental's on them, and then she went to the mich premier ltx's and the grip and quietness were greatly improved but the corning suffered a bit.. They fell more mushy when jerking the wheel,,

I am only considering the Bridgestone's because I can get a really good deal on them and I already know what I will be getting, since ive been riding on them for over 6 years now... They corner very well on dry pavement,, and the ride is fairly quiet,, but they are not good heavy rain or light snow at all.

Has anyone here ever had any experience with the mich premiers or the defenders,, after owning the Duelers???

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
I had the Duelers on my stock 20's, Yokohama Parada Spec-X and now the Mich Defenders. I bought the Defenders for when I drive up to Tahoe to go snowboarding and they ride good. Very comfortable ride and the tread is thick, even for a 285/45 22.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had stock duelers on my 2006 when I bought it from a gmc dealership. I live in the mountains similar to tahoe but in socal. Worst tire I've very had on any of my vehicles. Brand new with full tread they would squeel at the slightest of corners and at low speed. And they were wa to soft and mushy around the corners. And like he said^ terrible in rain or snow which I get alot of in my ski town. I wouldn't recommend the dueler to anyone. Michelin is absolutely the way to go. I'm going with defenders for my new to me 20s in the spring. They ride oretty well and grip good around corners and in snow. Not quite as quiet as the premiers from what I've read, but I'm not worried about that. Currently I have LTX A/T2s on my 17s and by far they are the best tire I've had. The only reason I'm switching to the defenders is because I can get a better deal on defenders, especially in the 20 inch wheel range. The A/T2 is pricey for that size. But worth the money in my opinion. I just can't swing it this time around. Lol.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots and lots of tires are good on dry pavement but what makes a tire standout in my mind is how they handle in heavy rain & snow....and longevity. Of the three tires you mention, OP, the Defenders are the most universally high-rated, hands down.

warndogg

Reaction score
IMHO the Premier LTX's are great! I drove them all winter through lots of rain and snow here in the Pacific Northwest. Got em on my 96' 2 door. I think Michelin makes the best tires. Bridgestone also makes a nice tire. Any wear on your tire is going to be more a product of your driving habits and terrain not so much the weight of the vehicle. Also if you are a Costco member they are running a $70 off 4 tires right now.

BlackDenaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put the defenders on at the end of October and have been very happy with them.

I've been through all types of weather with them and they've never let me down.

Road tripped from Toronto to Florida in December through snow storms at the start to heavy rains, and I felt confident through it all.

Great tire.

HERD546

Reaction score
I went with the Michelin Premier LTX in a 275/55/17 on my Tahoe Z56 PPV. They have worked great here in the Chicago area this winter. The police Tahoe's came with the Goodyear RSA tires in a 265/60/17 and a very soft compound, UTG of 260..
I am very happy with these tires.

WP_20161128_15_48_34_Pro.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts