Lowering rear 1 to 1.5 inches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
2016 XL and I would like to only lower rear 1 - 1.5inches to level with stock front ride height. I worked on euro cars all my life and only had to enter ride height data in suspension computer. Also when lowered does ride quality remain the same? Open to suggestions how to do this?

thanks

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to do this exact same thing, but in the end the wife won (it is her car I suppose) and I lifted the front 1.5” instead.

There is not a simple setup to do what you are describing that I am aware of. There is a cheap kit that is available to lower the back anywhere from like 2-4”, where you have to stack some blocks to regain some height.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check w/ tony (norcal ss)
he's a vendor here

cnunez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP, any updates?
Looking to do the same to my wife's 16 denali. The rear gap kills me and I dont want to raise the front to level it.

I have only found the maxtrac kit to drop the rear 2" but havent found any install pics or reviews just yet

P_E_O_P_L_E_S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got the same kit on my 19 suburban. I think if you use the factory isolators you'd probably be sitting at about 1.5 drop 20200426_183529.jpg

EZ Money

Reaction score
You can remove the factory rubber isolator and replace it with rubber hose. You will gain between .75" and 1", but to get the back end level you'll need to come down around 2". I know it looks like an inch, but its closer to 2. I would recommend the rear level kit, 2" spring and a shock extender in the rear.

Horizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just did this to my 2019 Tahoe. I used a MaxTrac rear leveling kit. Which dropped the rear exactly 2". However I found that it seemed like the rear was just a little too low. Basically slightly reversing the rake, which I didn't care for.

To fix it I picked up the Belltech spacer and cut them in half. It was a little bit of work since I had to use a file to create the proper fit and get them to seat properly on the axle. The end result was perfect at exactly a 1" drop. Now it has a perfectly level look in my opinion.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this to my 2019 Tahoe. I used a MaxTrac rear leveling kit. Which dropped the rear exactly 2". However I found that it seemed like the rear was just a little too low. Basically slightly reversing the rake, which I didn't care for.

To fix it I picked up the Belltech spacer and cut them in half. It was a little bit of work since I had to use a file to create the proper fit and get them to seat properly on the axle. The end result was perfect at exactly a 1" drop. Now it has a perfectly level look in my opinion.

Yet, no pics ? ! LOL

Horizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yet, no pics ? ! LOL

I haven't taken any yet. I did just check to see how much it settled out and it did go down another quarter inch. Which is closer to what I thought I'd get to with the spacer. I'll try to get a pic up sometime this week.