Looking to upgrade head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dan47doc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe. I've been researching different units. Everything from the over priced Alpines and Kenwoods to the sketchy overseas units. I would really like to put an over sized screen 8in or more. But I've resigned to the standard 7. And yes I've looked at tablet installs but A.-Don't use or like Apple and B- A dash renovation where I live runs at least 2-3 thousand. In a perfect world, Id like to do everything including keeping onstar, all steering controls and not having to plug my phone into any auxiliary jack for streaming or anything else. All this a la cart crap is dated and annoying. I would like to just have a large screen ( 800/480 for a 1000 unit is ridiculous by today's standards. My hundred dollar tablet has ipad resolution), Access to google maps for nav, google store because then I don't need a Sirius adapter, I can just use their app, obviously built in wifi and dual bluetooth. This should not be such a chore.

Any ideas ? I'm exhausted lol,

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick