looking to shave my roof.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
who here has shaved the roof rack and or the third break light? I want to get rid of the break light totally and i want to be able to reinstall the roof rack if i need to. Has anyone done something like this?

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
yepp.. i took off my roof rack and it had a couple holes on each side for the screws. i put silicon in those holes then painted over it, so if i EVER never need to install the roof rack well its all there to do it..
The 3rd brake light is held in by 2 hex screws. take those out then theres 3 holes that you would just have to weld up and paint... are you moving the 3rd brake like to somewhere else or just getting rid of the whole setup?? if not removing it all the way, you can trace the wire above the head liner and extend it out some and install it where ever u want too..

OP
OP
D

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
i was thinking i would maybe put something in the barn door windows up at the top. Like a thin led strip. Across the whole top.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
hmm,that would work.. are you going to tap it into the 3rd brake light on your roof or run new wires?? maybe you can branch it out into 2 from the actual factory wire.. you think that would work/be worth it?

OP
OP
D

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
i might actually go through the tail lights. Uhat way it will work with my turn signals also but im not sure yet. I might just use the third break lights wise and put some led strips from my sponsor up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues