Looking To Join The Club... Denali, or Escalade??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Not_Far_From_Par

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Either will do what you need.
What trim is your 6.7? I just got out of a lariat and wished I had gotten a platinum/KR from the get go. With that mentality the cadi is a no brainer over the Denali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just have a Lariat
Had all I needed
Going to look at a few rigs today on my way home, but i'm actually leaning towards the Denali over the Escalade, unless something really jumps out at me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try again...
LQ9 6.0 was 345 horsepower, 380 lb ft
L92, L9H, L94 6.2, all have 403 horsepower, 417 lb ft

I did a quick search and saw 380hp on the 6.2, but I think that was a projected number.. Ok.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, the GMT800 Escalade did have a rear wheel drive option but I think those were only made in 2002. I think from 2003-2006 they were all AWD, and if it was a RWD vehicle there were only a handful and few and far between. That being said my AWD is quite capable. Also to put it out there, the longer wheel base has better ride quality and is also a lot more stable while towing. Just my opinion.

AWD was an option. You can find RWD 2002-2006. When searching though they are more rare than RWD, (from what I see I would guess about 1/4 are RWD). I'm thinking dealers ordered em that way, because its an "ESCALADE!!!!!", and people will pay more for those exclamation marks, and just because. I'm guessing if OP is up in Washington, they probably want AWD anyways.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read up on the 380 horsepower 6.2, but it was found it was just marketing to make the Escalade seem higher class than the Denali back in 07-08 when 6.2 was first coming out. But how they advertised it was 380hp @ 4000 rpm for the Denali sales sheet, and 403hp @ 5200 rpm for the Escalade sheet. Of course at the higher rpm is where peak power is. These aren't exact RPM numbers, I was using it as an example of what the marketers did. That is what I found through a lot of reading, and it makes sense.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search and saw 380hp on the 6.2, but I think that was a projected number.. Ok.

Sorry if I came off like a dick, I was too quick to reply, and forgot that some sources say there were detuned 6.2's out there. They were all rated the same 403hp from the get-go, but in 07-08, GM may have been insecure that people would spend 20k less on a Denali with the same mighty Escalade engine. So they say Escalade made 20hp more at a higher advertised RPM, so that the Escalade would still seem superior. But we all know, they all ride on the same platform and share 98% of the parts.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I came off like a dick, I was too quick to reply, and forgot that some sources say there were detuned 6.2's out there. They were all rated the same 403hp from the get-go, but in 07-08, GM may have been insecure that people would spend 20k less on a Denali with the same mighty Escalade engine. So they say Escalade made 20hp more at a higher advertised RPM, so that the Escalade would still seem superior. But we all know, they all ride on the same platform and share 98% of the parts.
BIGGEST..... *******...… NO-where... :happy160: Didn't think it.

Interesting though.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting thought. When I was looking to buy, every Denali and Escalade, both standard and long wheel base trucks that I found, were AWD. None that I found down here in Southern California were RWD in the Escalades. Lol

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every Denali is AWD AFAIK. I have heard someone on here say that's not true, that the Denalis came in RWD too. I've seen a couple (online) that have been converted to RWD, but I've never seen one that came that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e