Looking for suggestions to get smoke smell out of the vents 2003 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update to the update.

The Megurires has lost the war. They won the first battle but today i got a huge whiff of funk. I think it might take at least 3 of them over a week or two to totally get rid of things. I might try the ozone. I've seen spray ozone called Ozium in the past. Maybe that'll work.
Ozium works pretty good, I used it to get rid of some moldy smell in my daughters 2018 Cruze.

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
View attachment 251269 Here's an update. Ladies and Gentlemen i present the Ozium puck wedge of freshness ™, it works good during the day, but loses efficiency at night. But i think over time it will win the war. I can still smell the funk, but it is a lot less.

Maybe another scent bomb and that might be it. We shall see....

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a smoker, whose vehicles never smell like smoke. And I have detailed other smokers vehicles with amazing results after they had quit. The trick for reversing what problem you have( smoker that did it with windows up all the time) The ac evap and heater core keep alot of that stuff held on to the fins, You can pull the blower motor out, spray down the evap with coil cleaner, and second thing I would do while I was there, Pull the vents out of the dash, get one of those bendy pickup tools and grab a microfiber on it, get the microfiber pretty damp with a good citrius based cleaner go as far down the vent tubes as you can and clean it out, there is a ton of buildup on the walls of those. DOWNRIGHT disgusting when you do it. You have to do a different approach to the rear, but somewhat the same. After you are done, put ac on high super cold setting to condensate the evap real good to wash the junk out. It will smell a bit citriusy for a while but It should pretty dang stellar, my buddies always say, damn I would think this was a new un smoked in vehicle.

Hopefully this can get that last 10% out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01