Looking at buying used 2015-2017 Denali - have a few ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a 2016 Denali about 2 months ago with 23,000 miles on it. It is my 4th Yukon, but first Denali. I like everything but the ride on rough payment. It really has quite a bounce and and on a smooth pavement the ride is great. From reading here everyone says it is the mag suspension. Took the warranty to 75K for $2500.

Chris T

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ex-2016 Denali owner. I had 20s and my mag suspension seemed to gradually get stiffer. Low speeds over slight imperfections made a big bass drum "BOOM" on the inside. Annoying as hell. I've heard the 17s and 18s are better or don't have this particular problem. Also, we had a hard time finding one that didn't buffet as well. Otherwise, we loved it but could no longer live with the rock hard suspension.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why 20's?

I have a Tahoe not a Denali. I like the ride of the 18's.

Cosmetically I also like the beefy tire look but that is a personal choice.
I think he was advising against the 22s. There seems to be a correlation between those and the buffeting sounds people are hearing. Certainly the tires have thin sidewalls to handle that much weight, so the ride will be rough.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he was advising against the 22s. There seems to be a correlation between those and the buffeting sounds people are hearing. Certainly the tires have thin sidewalls to handle that much weight, so the ride will be rough.
Yeah this, sorry i never saw your post @Csurp

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ex-2016 Denali owner. I had 20s and my mag suspension seemed to gradually get stiffer. Low speeds over slight imperfections made a big bass drum "BOOM" on the inside. Annoying as hell. I've heard the 17s and 18s are better or don't have this particular problem. Also, we had a hard time finding one that didn't buffet as well. Otherwise, we loved it but could no longer live with the rock hard suspension.
Any chance you had runflats on those 20s? Doubtful I suppose.

It's astounding how violent minor bumps can sound with runflats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700