LED Bulbs, still on?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i put LED turn signal bulbs in the Nali awhile back. Never look or paid any attention till the other night. I came outside for something ? Anyway i looked at the rig and the LED still was lit!? Not like they were on. But they still had power to them. Any reason why? Is this a thing LEDs do? Note: the Nali has been sitting for a day or two so no driving use of turn signals and still lit! Battery hasn't died either. So whats up?Any info guys? I would appreciate it.20180814_203014.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So i put LED turn signal bulbs in the Nali awhile back. Never look or paid any attention till the other night. I came outside for something ? Anyway i looked at the rig and the LED still was lit!? Not like they were on. But they still had power to them. Any reason why? Is this a thing LEDs do? Note: the Nali has been sitting for a day or two so no driving use of turn signals and still lit! Battery hasn't died either. So whats up?Any info guys? I would appreciate it.View attachment 205297
Mine don't do that. Weird. Are just the leds lit? No other bulbs?

Bereichelt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My led interior lights used to do that in my xterra. The 2nd row dome was constantly on but only just a little. Never killed my battery and I learned to like the soft ambient light in the cab. I bought some cheap Amazon LEDs and I think that was the reason.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah cheap LEDs do that. Couldnt tell you why, but I have the same thing on my motorcycle. I have LEDs for my indicator lights, and it looks like the neutral light is always 'just a little bit' on. Considering going back to incandescent.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If the interior lights have the fade off feature w/ a circuit board instead the typical on/off switch, you’ll need specific “smart/no error” led bulbs to keep them from having that nightlight effect.

The other fix is to wire a resistor in the line so the bulb draws more voltage to let the icb see the power is still on and close the switch. The no error bulbs have a tiny resistor built in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy