Just got hit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTN09

Reaction score
Brand new 2013 tahoe just got slammed from behind.
Only a big dent on the hitch cover but hard enough to make me jerk.

Any tips on what I should check for? Bringing it to the dealer now

Heres the picture, It doesn't look bad.
But Im taking this OFF and putting on a HITCH. Seems like people around here likes to get really close to my rear end. So this would give me a piece of mind next time someone wants to rear-end me.

Dont know why its upside down......:shrug:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's just the hitch cover that's damaged I personally would avoid the dealer. They tend to log every visit and the customer comments on the vehicle service records and it might end up costing you when you go to trade her in. Plus once data is entered in a computer you never know where if it might end up in a carfax ond/or autocheck report. So I'd just get a new cover and move on.

Unless of course you see more than superficial damage and feel the truck drives different, in which case of course take her to the dealer.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
If everything else looks fine (look for any spider cracks in the paint on the actual bumper cover, any damage to the hitch receiver etc), Avoid bringing it in. And this is coming from a Body Man lol.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's just the hitch cover that's damaged I personally would avoid the dealer. They tend to log every visit and the customer comments on the vehicle service records and it might end up costing you when you go to trade her in. Plus once data is entered in a computer you never know where if it might end up in a carfax ond/or autocheck report. So I'd just get a new cover and move on.

Unless of course you see more than superficial damage and feel the truck drives different, in which case of course take her to the dealer.

If everything else looks fine (look for any spider cracks in the paint on the actual bumper cover, any damage to the hitch receiver etc), Avoid bringing it in. And this is coming from a Body Man lol.

:signs75:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have held my neck and screamed in pain , Ive been rear ended 3 times here in NJ all three times my truck has "won" but next time Im going to sue the hell out of the next idiot who hits me apparently a Giant hook entering their radiator doesn't detour them lol

OP
OP
L

LTN09

Reaction score
I would have held my neck and screamed in pain , Ive been rear ended 3 times here in NJ all three times my truck has "won" but next time Im going to sue the hell out of the next idiot who hits me apparently a Giant hook entering their radiator doesn't detour them lol

This is what I was doing...:fca5278d:. He was only 18, Kid driver all he could say was sorry.

Then Today, another kid got in my way, almost hit him as he was exiting onto the highway.

Its all over now. Putting on a Hitch as soon as I can.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
When i got rear ended i had no hitch on. ***** the front of the little ford ****** but my hoe only moved a wee bit because i didnt tighten the bumoer super tight. Just untightened pulled and tighened back lol. Shoulda did insurance claim but meh i won either way

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sorry that you got hit. I am glad that you didn't get hurt.

Because I have been rear ended in the past, I always keep a hitch attacked to my truck.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the reason why I keep my tow ball on at all times.

Sorry that your truck got hit, but glad that the damage wasn't too bad and that you didn't get hurt.