Is my 03' Denali wired up for a Trailer Brake Controller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wade

Reaction score
If so, where is the harness in the truck located?

OP
OP
W

wade

Reaction score
what i mean is, I thought there was the actual wiring in the truck for the brake, I just need to buy the little box controller unit

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
i think i read on gmfs that its under the dash on the drivers side near the center console. i'd look around under there

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
You need to have the wiring harness, it came with the truck and was in the glove box. If it is not there, then you need to pick up anther one. It is pretty easy to do you self, but it is not too expensive to have some one else do it.

I would find a good digital readout break controller, it is significantly easier to set, read and maintain.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck should have come with a harness to use a brake controller that plugs in under the dash. If you bought it used it may not have come with one. Depending on what controller you buy you can get one that plugs straight into it so you don't have to do any wiring.

DenaliGrill.com

Denali Grill
Reaction score
Brake Controller

I've been using a Prodigy brake controller for years.
The harness is about $15.00, if you don't have yours.
It is a plug and play system. Just remove your drivers side kick panel and plug it in. Mount the controller in front of your right leg on the panel.
Any good Trailer co. will have it in stock or Online may be less expensive.

OP
OP
W

wade

Reaction score
found where it plugs in. Its in that little square black box my the driver brake pedal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts