Is Denali trim on constraint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s4cruiser

Reaction score
My dealer who I placed a deposit with in March just told me the entire Denali trim is on constraint and they can’t order any of them regardless of allocations.

Are they full of shit?

Wubears71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been waiting on an ultimate since January and my dealer was expecting a good sized allotment starting April - they’ve received 1 allotment for a Denali and it was not an ultimate So we are still waiting. So your story is consistent with what I was told.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt they are on constraint, there are some in transit, likely built in the last few weeks. I would almost guess it's the dealer who has no allocations. Call around to a few other dealers, see what they have to say. I ordered mine this past March, it showed up the end of April. If it were under constraint, I would not have been able to order it.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting on an ultimate since January and my dealer was expecting a good sized allotment starting April - they’ve received 1 allotment for a Denali and it was not an ultimate So we are still waiting. So your story is consistent with what I was told.
Allotments are not the same as constraints. Allotments means the Dealer cannot order it as they only have x number allocated to that dealer. Other Dealers may have allocations and be able to order it now. A Constraint means GM isn't building any, and no dealer can order it.

OP
OP
S

s4cruiser

Reaction score
My suspicion here is the dealer chose to use an allocation for retail stock vs retail sold orders in waiting. What proof or recourse do I have? Zero aside from having them refund my deposit and getting in line at some other ****** GM dealer for the cycle to continue.

Im a fairly patient man that is loosing his patience and may just go buy something else.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
@s4cruiser just place another order at a larger dealer. Tell them "due to the allocation process, I will not put deposit down until an allocation comes available to me and we get the order accepted by GM"

Seems super strange that the Denali package would be on constraint. The sales guy might have just used the wrong words.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My suspicion here is the dealer chose to use an allocation for retail stock vs retail sold orders in waiting. What proof or recourse do I have? Zero aside from having them refund my deposit and getting in line at some other ****** GM dealer for the cycle to continue.

Im a fairly patient man that is loosing his patience and may just go buy something else.
The allocation game is frustrating to say the least. My suggestion is to just keep calling other dealers in your area and you just might find an open allocation.

What ended up working for me was watching the incoming inventory on the GMC site. I called on about a dozen that were close to what I wanted and all were spoken for, but a few weeks later one of the dealers called me back and said the one I called on was available.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There may be items that you desired in your build that are on constraint. Ie max towing or floor liners. And that may hold up your order. Super cruise could be on constraint and that may knock out a trim level. Someone on another thread high country’s were not being made. They are pretty close to Denali.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tahoes/yukons can still be ordered when a specific option is on constraint (as long as the option isn't 100% or 0% constrained - however you want to view it).

the issue is that your ordering dealer has to get an allocation for the constraint. below are two old pics from users.

first pic shows all the constraints on tahoes for the production week first of March 2022. that dealer didn't receive any allocations for the constraints.

second pic shows yukon constraints for approx the same time period. national constraint on denali trim was at 523 and that dealer was allocated 8 of the 523. all of the zero national quantity numbers was when those options weren't available to anyone

1686364086600.png

1686364140654.png

OP
OP
S

s4cruiser

Reaction score
Yes, I know all that…what I was asking was if they salesman was bullshitting me saying the ‘Denali trim‘ was on constraint.

It appears he was or is just an idiot, either way it’s frustrating when the buyer knows more than he does. On a slightly plus side, his name is Luke Skywalker…seriously I have his card!

edit - so there are allocations and then trim allocations? I was under the impression that if a trim code was on constraint then it would not get accepted by GM for the build, but that doesn’t seem to be true?!? Dealer needs general allocation then one for items on constraint too? What a crap process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt