Intermittent high beam indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
90% of the time the blue high beam indicator on the dash doesn't work. Every once in a while, mainly on long drives, I see it light up when I switch to highs. It will work for 2-3 cycles then gives up again. Everything else related to the lights works as normal. Cluster going bad maybe?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
90% of the time the blue high beam indicator on the dash doesn't work. Every once in a while, mainly on long drives, I see it light up when I switch to highs. It will work for 2-3 cycles then gives up again. Everything else related to the lights works as normal. Cluster going bad maybe?
most likely the cluster, you can get remanufactured ones for around $200 or so programmed with your mileage and vin, usually you get a credit back when you send your old cluster back.

OP
OP
Coolman1987us

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a cluster from a 13 sierra but it had a 6 speed not a 4 speed so the prnd is different but maybe I'll pull that one apart and see how they tick. I would imagine it's an led not a bulb so maybe it's getting hot.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2