Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
clemenshess97

clemenshess97

Reaction score
if you turn off the dome lights with the dash switch do they still flash?
do they flash during the daytime or only at night?
the questions are to try and determine if there is a fault or if maybe it was a feature that was programmed to the vehicle, like the horn honk being deleted
if it is a feature that was programmed to the vehicle then you might be stuck or maybe get lucky and find the circuit that makes it happen and hopefully disable it.
another option would be maybe if you have a gm dealer there in Germany you could ask for them to reflash the bcm for Germany, typically a service like that here in the U.S. would be around $100 usd.

With the dome lights turned off they still flash, daytime and nighttime doesn‘t matter.

I also just had the problem that when I put on my turn signal my hazard lights would flash, only sometimes and only when I use the left turn signal.

OP
OP
clemenshess97

clemenshess97

Reaction score
I have ordered two new key fobs from amazon for the 2003 Tahoe and I can‘t programm them, I can enter the BCM programming mode (pressing unlock switch on the door and turning ignition on twice, then comes the locking cycle twice ...in most videos it only cycles once).
I think I can programm the original fob, but the new fobs won‘t programm, even if I press the lock and unlock buttons for more than 30sec

I also got two new keys cut, engine turns on, but only for a second, how do I programm them ?

I bought everything from Amazon with Amazon set to my 2003 Tahoe

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have ordered two new key fobs from amazon for the 2003 Tahoe and I can‘t programm them, I can enter the BCM programming mode (pressing unlock switch on the door and turning ignition on twice, then comes the locking cycle twice ...in most videos it only cycles once).
I think I can programm the original fob, but the new fobs won‘t programm, even if I press the lock and unlock buttons for more than 30sec

I also got two new keys cut, engine turns on, but only for a second, how do I programm them ?

Was there an option for American/European version? I think FCC numbers are different between the 2.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah like @Tonyrodz said I’m pretty sure you need the European versions if your Tahoe is manufactured for Europe or vice versa.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

key's shouldn't need programming unless there is a + symbol stamped on the metal shaft near the plastic base, but if for some reason they do or if the security light or symbol is flashing then you have to do the 10 minute relearn, you can find the details on youtube.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and your problem is sounding like maybe a bad turn signal switch which I don't know how that would affect the interior lights but I suppose it's possible.

OP
OP
clemenshess97

clemenshess97

Reaction score
Was there an option for American/European version? I think FCC numbers are different between the 2.

There was no option on amazon for Europe/US

I searched Amazon with the number on the back of the original fob.

...How can I find out what the FCC numbers are on my Tahoe ?

OP
OP
clemenshess97

clemenshess97

Reaction score
key's shouldn't need programming unless there is a + symbol stamped on the metal shaft near the plastic base, but if for some reason they do or if the security light or symbol is flashing then you have to do the 10 minute relearn, you can find the details on youtube.

The original key has a + stamped on the shaft. The new ones don‘t have it, but the description said they have transponders. I‘ll try to programm them on Friday.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original key has a + stamped on the shaft. The new ones don‘t have it, but the description said they have transponders. I‘ll try to programm them on Friday.
weird never new the 03 had a chipped key, in that case you might be able to do the quick learn, to do that you insert the original working key, turn it to run (do not start it, just to the run position) when the security light goes out then remove the key and quickly insert the 2nd key and turn it to run, when the security light goes out quickly remove the key and insert the 3rd key and turn to run and when the security light goes out then you can turn the key back to off wait a second then start the truck. if it works then all 3 keys will be programmed.

OP
OP
clemenshess97

clemenshess97

Reaction score
I just realized that the DIC says "lamps" when I select the Lock and Unlock Feedback, do your trucks say headlight or exterior light ? Maybe it actually is supposed to be this way...could a new BCM from the US fix this ?

Does anyone know if any of the numbers in the VIN tells me for what region my Tahoe was built ? The first number in my vin is a 1, I read that they used a 5 for GM's made for the european market. Maybe mine was originally made for North America ?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3