Interior LED Bulb Uprgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lumberjack890

Reaction score
I want to upgrade the interior lighting to LED Bulbs

As well as the Puddle lights and the license plate light

Anyone know the sizes for these?

2001 GMC Yukon

GJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the dome and puddles are all 41 or 42mm festoon bulbs. If I find the link for the ones I got I’ll post it up.

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to upgrade the interior lighting to LED Bulbs

As well as the Puddle lights and the license plate light

Anyone know the sizes for these?

2001 GMC Yukon

superbrightleds.com will probably be the best resource. They have a guide for all bulbs on the vehicle.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got these recently:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B074M5FQQM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The terminals had to be squeezed tighter a little. Also, I had to polish the terminals a little or a couple of them would flicker.

Personally, I find the LED Festoons crazy bright, actually too bright. I don't need stage lights inside my truck. But, the incandescent bulbs don't provide enough lighting.

What was really worth it was using the Sealight 194's for the foot well and in the directional map lights.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07DW92RDT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
superbrightleds.com will probably be the best resource. They have a guide for all bulbs on the vehicle.

I wish I had known about this site before. For ordering though, I don't know what shipping would have been like up to Canada. What I like is that you can choose warm colours. When the border opens up, I may get a set of the 3000K Festoons.

GJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score

that’s were I was going to say. But for my Tahoe at least, I had to do some digging as I had to return bulbs they say fit but didn’t. They’re super easy tho and took my returns no problem

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I converted to LEDs both inside and outside, using LEDs supplied by JDM Astar. They have a selection guide on their web site, and they will also work with you over the phone to ensure that you receive the correct LEDs for your specific truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk