intake manifold gasket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys so its been a couple of days that ive noticed that my tahoes been misfiring at low rpms sometimes when stopping at a stop light it does it for a couple seconds then it idles smooth again..on cold starts it revs up pretty high for about 5 seconds nd then it goes back to normal..could this be the intake manifold gaskets that need replacing..i do also have the random misfire code

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sound like it to me. I would wait a little while longer, if it seems to get worse over time then it seems like the gasket to me. does it only do it when cold? after it warms up is it better? thats how it was for my uncles truck.

OP
OP
josueh95

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it only revs high on cold starts and then it goes back to normal...not in every stop but every now and then it will rough idle for a couple seconds and it hesitates for a second to take off...about a week ago i stomped on the gas to pass a car and after that it began to buck really bad and almost die out it did this twice and the next day i installed my BB tune and ever since i installed the tune it never bucked again..all it does it rough idle and revs high on cold start..i did have my missfire code on before the tune

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey also I used the torque app with my bluetooth reader to check the intake manifold pressure, and when it was acting up when first started I noticed it did have quite a bit lower pressure compared to my yukon which was running good. so I would check that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coldlegos