Insurance on new Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like I'm getting robbed on insurance on our 2019 Tahoe. Wondering what some of you pay on your late model machines with what company? Full coverage with loan/lease gap coverage. My latest bill is right at $630 for 6 months. No accidents and +800 credit rating. Insurance on our vehicles and homeowners is running real close to $4000 a year here in So. Ohio, not exactly in hurricane central where our Grange insurance company is not a major player anyway. Ouch.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 denali. I pay $289.77 every 6 months. That 100k/300k coverage. $500 deductible. Allstate.

I do have 5 other cars, a boat, and my house insured with them as well.

OP
OP
tom3

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I see you're in Tenn. which should be about the same risk area as I am. Maybe I am getting robbed.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best thing to do with insurance is just get quotes from everyone, shop around. Location, state to state, driving hist, credit, annual mileage, etc will all factor in to your premium, even how long you where with your previous carrier.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$522 for 6 months here. 300/500 liability. 100k property. 250 deductible. Northern VA. Geico. No at fault accidents. I do have 2 others cars and house with them. $56 of that premium is for mechanical breakdown ins. Covers me for 7 years/100k. 250 deductible. Very few things excluded except wear items. Cheaper than extended warranty IMO. hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's little to be gained by asking strangers on the web about their insurance premiums since there are so many individualized factors: your age, your credit profile, your risk profile, your average annual miles driven, your family profile, etc.

OP
OP
tom3

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're both retired, no accidents ever (knock on wood) +800 credit rating, same company for 40 years. Looks like we're paying about 40% over normal rates from what I've read and heard locally. But looking for quotes opens the door to a whole lot of aggravation from what I hear as the request goes into a national database that companies use. Guess it's about time to get serious on this. Thanks to all for replies.

NoLand

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We're both retired, no accidents ever (knock on wood) +800 credit rating, same company for 40 years.

That’s your problem, you’ve been with the same insurance company for 40 years. You’re being loyal to a corporation that doesn’t care about you. Someone said it earlier; you should shop your rates every few years or you’re going to be paying too much.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s your problem, you’ve been with the same insurance company for 40 years. You’re being loyal to a corporation that doesn’t care about you. Someone said it earlier; you should shop your rates every few years or you’re going to be paying too much.

Lest we forget, it's not just the money, it's the benefits, what comes with that insurance premium should an accident occur. Repair shop of choice with OEM parts or their el cheapo guy with Chinese parts? Smart Car or Escalade rental while truck is being fixed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts