infotainment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huck572

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't access Spotify or Pandora for example without my iphone, I don't always have my phone in the car, What gives? I have a 2022 Yukon XL Denali.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how the new, new GM stuff works, but I was always under the assumption that you needed whatever phone present that is linked to said account.

My 2017 Denali is that way. My 2023 F450 is the same way as well. Android auto, or Apple car play only works when device is present.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't access Spotify or Pandora for example without my iphone, I don't always have my phone in the car, What gives? I have a 2022 Yukon XL Denali.
mine works in my 18 thru the 4g (as well) but I have mine set to use my own hotspot in the glovebox because it is free to me, no phone is needed.
so I would verify the onboard 4g is working, if it is not then address it or use your own hotspot. A phone should not be needed as long as there is access to the internet in some form.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how the new, new GM stuff works, but I was always under the assumption that you needed whatever phone present that is linked to said account.

My 2017 Denali is that way. My 2023 F450 is the same way as well. Android auto, or Apple car play only works when device is present.
your denali can access the built in app's with a simple intenet connection, be it onboard or not.
android auto/carplay will not because those are not (fully) built in, they are just a piece of the puzzle.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you call onstar and ask if you can use your own hotspot they may tell you it won't work but it will, they just want your money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia