I'm baaaaaack!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM MAF's may be more resistant to fouling, but on the land cruiser forums people have had problems with fouling. Maybe its a toyota thing, who knows. One guy in OZ said that once his MAF became fouled with the oil, it got so dirty that the wires looked like a couple of mouse turds sitting inside his MAF housing. This guy isn't the type who would have problems reading directions eiter, but YMMV.

I'm with Max. As opposed to using an oiled filter, I like the dry ones. Easier to knock a bunch of crud out of them in a pinch, and it's a more simple process to clean them.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to see ya back bud! We've both been out for a while. Tons of people here now too, pretty crazy!

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Truck I like the Color. I'm glad your back, I might need your expert opinion on some enforcement issues.

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Andy - good to hear from you! Let me know if you need anything job-wise. Hows the search coming, any good prospects up your way?

JT, no problem. I'm no expert in every area but I can certainly give you my take on things. Keep in mind that my opinion can (and probably will) differ from other people. ;)

Bedore

Reaction score
What is the coolant bypass you speak of? The coolant tubes that run to the intake I assume? Why would you bypass those anyhow? New Tahoe owner here....please forgive my ignorance in advance. I just picked it up a month ago and it's been in the garage for at least half of the time of ownership, so I am trying to like it.

Crazy Al

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back! Always used your Yukon to imagine my Tahoe after I followed suit on some of the same mods.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
315/70/17 duratracs on 5 spoke tahoe 17s, spohn panhard, 5160 bilsteins, keys, z71 tahoe bumpstops, 3"rancho coils :gr_grin:

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Al! It wasn't anything too special, but I appreciate the feedback. It was one hell of a reliable truck. As for the suburban, it will have everything that the Yukon had, and then some. I'll probably go a little bigger on the lift though and try to squeeze some 295 Nittos under it.

So far I've gotten the brake lights working, changed the air filter (which was supposedly done at the last oil change ~1000 miles ago...yeah, no), cleaned the TB and seafoamed it. I've driven roughly 120 miles since I filled the tank last week and I'm just now gracing the 3/4 line. I'll be interested to see what the mileage is on the next fill up. New plugs/wires and pads/rotors will be on the way here soon. I also just got the front window re-tinted today...it's coming along. I need to find a new front bumper, but I'm not sure if I want to buy one or fab something up myself to accomodate a winch....

Bedore, the coolant bypass mod is simply cutting the coolant lines off of the throttle body and using a barbed fitting to reattach them to each other, thereby keeping the hot engine coolant away from your intake air. It supposedly helps with IATs, but I do it just because it's MUCH easier to take off the throttle body to clean it when those lines aren't attached. ;)

315/70/17 duratracs on 5 spoke tahoe 17s, spohn panhard, 5160 bilsteins, keys, z71 tahoe bumpstops, 3"rancho coils :gr_grin:

God I hate you for putting these ideas in my head. Stop making me spend all of my money at your store, ya cruel bastard! If my wife ever meets you, she's gonna want to :nutkick:, lol.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how Max thinks!! lol

But yeah, the search is going good. Test next week. Sent you pm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts