If you are ordering a new Tahoe/Yukon. The #1 most important things is….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy2876

Reaction score
To build a relationship with your salesperson. Better yet, deal ONLY with the ordering manager and build a relationship with him. Make a connection. Make sure you can text him and he texts back.

He’s your main source of information through this process. Mine was phenomenal, and gave me a weekly constraint list, distribution updates, status codes and was incredibly helpful.

Shout out to CMA Colonial Chevrolet for their customer service.
You're lucky to have a great dealership to work with. Mine would not tell me anything, acted like I was bothering them by simply asking.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience with the same dealer for 9.5 years, I do see a lot of new faces now and then. The salesman I dealt with last was excellent from the beginning, then there was the financing guy. He tried to stick me with a 4.5% rate after I told I have a credit union I deal with. I had to ask for his manager before I could use my credit union's 2.2% rate.

The crew at this dealer's Quick Change oil change was a joke, they definitely didn't respect people's cars. Oily hand prints all over everything, rude, lazy, it was scary knowing they were working on your $70000 vehicle. finally they closed it and moved oil changes and services to the main service center.

Last edited:

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're lucky to have a great dealership to work with. Mine would not tell me anything, acted like I was bothering them by simply asking.

that is unfortunately more the norm than should be…ordered Tahoe built last week and waiting on shipment (thankfully by truck)…asked salesman if he had an ETA and could share any info from VIN VIEW…he responded that things weren’t moving very quickly these days?

chevy chat isn’t giving out any info since it’s been built…another forum has a guy that can check the orders and he said ETA 4/14…I shouldn’t know more than my salesman

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
that is unfortunately more the norm than should be…ordered Tahoe built last week and waiting on shipment (thankfully by truck)…asked salesman if he had an ETA and could share any info from VIN VIEW…he responded that things weren’t moving very quickly these days?

chevy chat isn’t giving out any info since it’s been built…another forum has a guy that can check the orders and he said ETA 4/14…I shouldn’t know more than my salesman

Was that other guy Linton on GM insider news?

Also, I think most salesman aren’t particularly interested because they know regardless they are selling the car to you or the next guy. I think VinView is something the ordering manager probably only can see. He’s probably too lazy to ask

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was that other guy Linton on GM insider news?

Also, I think most salesman aren’t particularly interested because they know regardless they are selling the car to you or the next guy. I think VinView is something the ordering manager probably only can see. He’s probably too lazy to ask

yes to Linton...seems like he's been able to be granted access to the system that only a few at dealerships are authorized to use. Salesman...probably 10 reasons why most give the non-descript info...who knows how the ordering guys feel about customers asking specific questions that 6mos-yr ago they were the only ones that knew the lingo...heck, the salesmen probably don't even know what I'm talking about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123