I wish to remove….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tanda35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my “Premier“ badge on my the rear lift gate of my 2020 Tahoe (I am okay with the “Tahoe” badge). Has anyone ever done this? I watched several videos on YouTube regarding this (none were Tahoes) so I just want to be sure there aren’t pins that hold the badge to the body. Also, if my paint is in very good shape, will there be a problem with paint fade after the badge is removed? Thanks.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
my “Premier“ badge on my the rear lift gate of my 2020 Tahoe (I am okay with the “Tahoe” badge). Has anyone ever done this? I watched several videos on YouTube regarding this (none were Tahoes) so I just want to be sure there aren’t pins that hold the badge to the body. Also, if my paint is in very good shape, will there be a problem with paint fade after the badge is removed? Thanks.
As far as I know all emblems today are held on with double sided tape. There's many different ways to take them off. Guys usually heat them 1st then use something to scrape them off--usually a plastic scraper or some dental floss will do the trick. Use Goo Gone to remove the adhesive. It's only 3 yrs old so I don't think you'll have an issue with paint discoloration.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a heavy mono fishing line to saw them off then an eraser wheel for what is left. I always wanted to try braided fishing line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz