I Color matched rear window trim pieces to blend better with lines of my Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
So I have been wanting to do this for a very long time now and finally got around to doing it with all the changes I have made to my Tahoe in the past few weeks. Most people probably won't or don't notice what I am even talking about, nor does it probably even bother them.

First it's the two rear side windows, The plastic trim that goes around the window comes to a point. The rear part at the top is the piece that was bothering me. Now most people probably don't care, but I personally think it should be rounded to flow and match the other windows how they are rounded. So I rounded them off to flow better with the lines

Second was the rear barn door windows. The top plastic trim piece went up too high and seemed to cut into the rear vent pieces. Now again, most people probably don't care or don't think it looks bad. I personally thought it looked off. So I had the piece color matched to flow better into the rear vents and make the lines more rounded. I personally think it goes alot better since these year SUVs are more rounded then square. And especially since I color matched rear vents it sticks out worse, IMO. Again, probably just me, but think it needed to be done.

here is an old pic of how it looked with color matched vents, and how the stock trim pieces look.
austinsphone146-1.jpg Notice how the rear side window is pointed at the top towards vent caps. And how the rear barn door windows go straight across and points into the rear vents.

This is some pics of modifications to the trim pieces I did.
20120401_144611.jpg Notice the side windows now are rounded off. And the barn door windows also round off and blend into the vents.
20120401_144621.jpg 20120401_150324-1.jpg
Now again, most people could care less, or don't think it needs to be done, and all good. It just was bothering me how it didn't appear to look right, and the lines didn't flow into each other. Idk, just one of those stupid minor things to me that makes a car look better. Sorry for such along post, just wanted to fully describe what exactly I did.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this!!!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice!!! Mucho better :)

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of those little mods that makes a truck stand out to someone who knows these rigs. It actually looks like a pillar now. If I saw this this, it would definitely catch my eye. Nice work!

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
This is one of those little mods that makes a truck stand out to someone who knows these rigs. It actually looks like a pillar now. If I saw this this, it would definitely catch my eye. Nice work!

+1.

Looks good

ghost

Reaction score
damn! looks good! might have to do this myself!!

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score

Very true, sometimes it's the little things. Appreciate that.

Thanks guys, is cool everyone is digging it. Most people don't notice I did anything, cool to see other GM SUV owners (my peeps lol) who get it, and understand what I did.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
I SEE ONE PROBLEM..................................

WHY is the sig still repping old HOOD?????:Wedgie:

All work looks good! Like the detailed info on your posts... The longwinded explanations are easier to understand with my ADHD:insane:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork