I’ll use the term “Picking the Meat off the Caracass“

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
True to form, and in billionaire style, Carl Icahn is picking the meat off the bones of the business he purchased 5 years ago.

On their 100th anniversary, most Pep Boys are being shut down or taken apart to slowly wither away. If the Pep Boys in your neighborhood is closing its parts store, the garage open may stay open, but that'll likely be closing soon to.

This also means that CA can now walk into a Pep Boys part house and see 40-60% off on parts. Need a battery? Now’s the time

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...ys-closing-icahn-20210603.html?outputType=amp

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder when the clearance will start. Batteries are still the same priced as other parts stores.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True to form, and in billionaire style, Carl Icahn is picking the meat off the bones of the business he purchased 5 years ago.

On their 100th anniversary, most Pep Boys are being shut down or taken apart to slowly wither away. If the Pep Boys in your neighborhood is closing its parts store, the garage open may stay open, but that'll likely be closing soon to.

This also means that CA can now walk into a Pep Boys part house and see 40-60% off on parts. Need a battery? Now’s the time

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/columnists/pep-boys-closing-icahn-20210603.html?outputType=amp
Sounds more like he is taking a bath. :)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/columnists/pep-boys-closing-icahn-20210603.html?outputType=amp
Last I heard, one can walk into a Pep Boys (or any other store) in California and walk out with $900 in merch for free... :mad:

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last I heard, one can walk into a Pep Boys (or any other store) in California and walk out with $900 in merch for free... :mad:
I think it probably depends on what county you are in. Definitely in SF, it is policy, under $900 and you won't be prosecuted, it is viewed as "you just were taking what you needed..."

Pretty sure if you go 100 miles East of any beach, $900 in stuff isn't going to be looked at as "economic equality". :)

We lived in SF a long time. One time we had a little scary break-in. We weren't there but our housekeeper happened to be. After the guy who broke in said he was going to kill our housekeeper, our housekeeper ran him off with a giant kitchen knife and called us and 911. We got there about 30 minutes later and the police came about 10 minutes after us. The police asked our housekeeper all sorts of questions, writing everything down. A few days later I remembered I had seen the guy our housekeeper described trying unsuccessfully to get into a real estate brokers tour of a house down the street. I called the precinct for our neighborhood and talked to a few different officers, who finally concluded there was no police report on file, so there wasn't anything I could do to add the identification information to it. :(

The police in SF call their job, Catch and Release.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The max theft price is $950, last I heard, and I have heard several people on tv say, the next thing that happens is that any items a store sells that is close to $700 or more will be marked up to $951 to help discourage the thieves. Thieves don't care. They never have. Sweep 'em all in the gutter and down the drain. Stomp on any hands and fingers that try to reach out through the street grate.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In SF, there is no limit to how nutty it can get. The DA is the son of a convicted cop killer. Raised by Bill Ayers and his partner (Weather Underground king pins), while his parents were in prison.

You can't make this stuff up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14