HVAC control light has no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrainDead

Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing my HVAC control lights and one of the bulbs has no power going to it.

I hooked up temporary power to the circuit board and found the positive and negative on three out of the four bulbs but the last one has both negatives going to it. I've tried testing it different ways using different positive locations and every time I touch the red to a power somewhere else and the negative to either one of the terminals at that bulb it always grounds out and doesn't show a positive flow anywhere.

I'm not the original owner but it looks like no one's ever been in here and done any work before, how could this one light have never been working from the factory and do you guys suggest me jumping it from another terminal to make it work?

Thanks

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since it's a control light, what control switch does (should) it light?

Is this an NBS?

OP
OP
B

BrainDead

Reaction score
Sorry I guess I should have been more clear, it's the light that illuminates the HVAC controls.

There's four lights behind the knobs and three out of the four have power the fourth one does not.

Yes, NBS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts